BEV missing channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Rodnee151

Original poster
Nov 15, 2015
Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada
When I check my signal, the lowest signal strength reading I get is 96%, most are 100%, however sometimes I am missing even numbered transponders on Nimiq 82. Any ideas / suggestions that might help me troubleshoot this, please?
Cheers

Has this issue always been true since the system was installed, OR, is it a new problem that recently cropped up? What receivers do you have, what switches, what cabling, how long is the cabling. If you have more than one receiver, does the problem happen on ALL receivers, or only one, etc? We need to know what and how everything is set up to try to figure it out.

I would say it's a cabling issue of some sort. Even a pinched cable can cause issues like this. First thing I'd do is check all cable connections, and make sure they are screwed in tight. Do NOT use a wrench to over-tighten them though!

With more info about your system, we might be able to give better suggestions

As even channels are using the highest voltage (18v) it is possible that something has increased the resistance on the cable. That is normally a splitter or could be water ingress.

As you only state Nimiq 82 evens, it could also be a switch, LNBF problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts