Sports Packages minus the programming?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dixiedude79

Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I can remember when you could get sports programming with out monthly package commitment...of course now I know that is no longer applicable...guess my question is currently with Direct Tv is the cheapest package out there the $29.99 Choice?? Hard to believe they have nothing else like dish network does with Basic or Family...thanks for the help

29.99 for family pack
Choice is 39.99 IIRC

Dish's basic plan is family at 19.99 and they dont have near the sports packages as D* does ;)

very true iceberg...hence why the make it so hard to leave....:rant:but i can remember years ago (which i am sure you do as well) when you could a la carte get sports packages...man they tore up the cable market esp people in apt's or didnt have locals in their areas to buy into their sports packages....I had the NFL ticket for years sub only to it and had dish network for programming....can't remember if they had MLB Extra the same way....I guess I am upset that is no longer offered but even more upset is the $30 is the lowest level package...sure wish they would have one of the "not advertised" $9.99 10 news channels packages like at Dr's offices for someone like me who only wants them for the sports like they only want me for my $ :cool:

very true iceberg...hence why the make it so hard to leave....:rant:but i can remember years ago (which i am sure you do as well) when you could a la carte get sports packages...man they tore up the cable market esp people in apt's or didnt have locals in their areas to buy into their sports packages....I had the NFL ticket for years sub only to it and had dish network for programming....can't remember if they had MLB Extra the same way....I guess I am upset that is no longer offered but even more upset is the $30 is the lowest level package...sure wish they would have one of the "not advertised" $9.99 10 news channels packages like at Dr's offices for someone like me who only wants them for the sports like they only want me for my $ :cool:

$ 9.99 ???

What, do you want your locals only ?

How about a package for free ?

Jimbo not so fast.....read my post again...I simply want an inexpensive option for those of us who want to use Direct Tv as a sports option only...in the past you could subscribe to the NFL sunday tix with no programing commitment....I am simply asking that direct tv have some type of low end base package for someone like me who only wants NFL tix or MLB extra innings....nothing for free and $9.99 might get you a couple of news or info stations but be considered enough to get sports subscriptions...:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)