Sportscenter HD, starting 6/1?

SaintsFan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 5, 2004
SportsCenter in HD starting June 6?

I heard the announcers say this last night during the baseball game on ESPNHD. Do you think this means 1080i? Yee-haw!

if that is the truth I will be stoked!! I have heard Sportscenter in HD means a lot of things--like VOOM news, it means everything will be in HD- clips/reports frm the field/whatever// I cant believe they will be that far.

mattyro said:
if that is the truth I will be stoked!! I have heard Sportscenter in HD means a lot of things--like VOOM news, it means everything will be in HD- clips/reports frm the field/whatever// I cant believe they will be that far.
wrong. The in studio shows will be HD, sportscenter etc. PTI if they move it to that city. But clips if they are shot in sd will remain sd. HD clips will be shown HD. Frankly it will look silly with the sportscasters in 720p (it will be 720p) and the espn clips, most of it, in sd.

Sportscenter will NOT increase live HD events on ESPNHD. Only more trucks will do that.

Upconverts can look very good if done right. Hopefully they will add side graphics instead of stretching the image.

vurbano said:
why????????????
More HD content on ESPN-HD. A little bit here and there will eventually lead to all ESPN broadcasts being HD. Although likley to be in the distant future. Atleast our kids would enjoy an all HD ESPN.
Plus, hopefully, the intermissions won't be streched SD. Unless this studio is solely used for Sportscenter.

vurbano said:
why????????????

That's a good question. Is it that much different seeing guys sitting in the studio and talking sports in HD? Everything else on ESPNHD will be as it is now. Most of the highlights will still be in SD.

andrzej said:
That's a good question. Is it that much different seeing guys sitting in the studio and talking sports in HD? Everything else on ESPNHD will be as it is now. Most of the highlights will still be in SD.

They will start in SD but I am assuming that a lot of the Fox highlights that we have seen HDnews will end up here as well.

I think that Sportcenter in HD is a step in the right direction. However, they need to go 100% HD. No excuses, if they have a lot of money for exclusive sport coverage they should be able to rent, buy or do whatever it takes to get the HD trucks and go 100% HD.

I think its nothing but a way to pad their hd% numbers. Imagine if they had used the money to purchase trucks. I know, I know, they dont own any but why not?

So does this mean that ESPN highlights of games that are broadcast in HD, such as Cubs games, or Padres, or the other teams with HD networks in their area, will be shown in HD? I would hope that they'll try and take the HD feed from whatever game they are showing highlights from whenever possible. No sense in having sportscenter in HD when you show SD highlights of the NBA playoffs, for instance, that will now be shown by the new TNT-HD.

ucsbgaucho said:
So does this mean that ESPN highlights of games that are broadcast in HD, such as Cubs games, or Padres, or the other teams with HD networks in their area, will be shown in HD? I would hope that they'll try and take the HD feed from whatever game they are showing highlights from whenever possible. No sense in having sportscenter in HD when you show SD highlights of the NBA playoffs, for instance, that will now be shown by the new TNT-HD.
Yes if the clips are HD you will get HD, if they are SD you get SD. Same as it is now.

Sportscenter to debut in HD

Sportscenter will start airing in HD on Monday June 7th at 11:00 P.M on ESPNHD. Hopefully they start rolling out more HD Stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)