SportsPak?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
charper1 said:
I always tell people NOT to get any sports packs past their in market one; but rather add the "league passes" of the sports they like. It is the best way to go.

I used to think that was a good idea also, until the ST football package price got so expensive. I dropped it, and subscribed to the Center Ice package and the RSN sports package. I like it a lot better and have sports year round, instead of a few hours a week during football season. Many of the local RSNs have interesting local shows.

Jimbos said:
How is it possible that I have to pay extra for FS Detroit ( only 50 miles away) and they give me FS Ohio (200 miles away in Columbus) (I'm in NW Ohio).

DMAs are not based on any common sense or distance; mearly by zip code of who CLAIMS you.

If (and I refuse to) I go to the local cable company, they give me FSO, FSCincy, and FS Detroit FREE !!!!! Why can cable offer this and not D* ? Jimbo

One more lesson on how DBS is held to separate rules from cable which gets to enjoy an advantage in the rules.

Iceberg said:
All pro sports have to be blacked outbecause FSN only has REGIONAL rights to those games. There is some good stuff on those other channels
-college sports
-fishing/hunting
-pro wrestling (I use to have the SPorts Pack just for Sunshine Network..they had ECW)
-arena football
-minor league baseball games

that was the womens tournament...different animal. Thiose were only for the local teams area.

When baseball season starts up, you'll get both the ESPN and the alt game

I LOVED ECW!!!!! Went a few times to watch them live in INDY!! Spike Dudly was the $H!#

Lets hope the ESPNa will work during baseball season. What about the HD ESPNa, Will they work or be off?

When I had Dish, ESPN-a (and ESPN2-a) worked fine with no blackouts (in my case except when the Twins were on there and on FSN)

I don't know about ESPN-HD

When I lived in INDY we got fox sports "midwest" If you have watched it the channel is 100% St Louis teams and news. What a bunch of crap.

I still watch the PPV I taped when new jack went up into the stands and went through the table onto the floor. Spike almost died that night. Will have to check to see what the name of the event was. Best PPV ever to me!

What a shame the WWE killed ECW.

Living Dangerously is the ones that New Jack & Spike did synchronized balcony dives onto their opponents (that were on tables)

charper1 said:
DMAs are not based on any common sense or distance; mearly by zip code of who CLAIMS you.

One more lesson on how DBS is held to separate rules from cable which gets to enjoy an advantage in the rules.

Thanks charper1,
Your reconfirming what I already knew, but it just burns me to no end ....
btw, seeing I cannot get FSD as my local, because , who knows why... When I try to watch the Lions, they claim me as being in thier market too, thus I am Blacked out for them too....

Its a good thing I also am a Steelers fan

Jimbo

Go Stelers,
2006 Super Bowl Champs

Im upset that when I wanted a waiver Cleveland-Pittsburgh- and Youngstown stations were sent forms, but I can only get Youngstown from D*. Pittsburgh launches HD locals on D* very soon and since im in their "area" I want D* to give me Pisstburgh locals. Nope your in Youngstown not Pittsburgh they tell me! LMAO

I don't think the sports pack is too bad. I know all the FSN's don't do much because of the blackouts. But the other nine channels (like ESPN U) are not bad. I have caught some extra college basketball and football.

Look at any of the movie channels, I don't know when I sat down and watched a movie. I had had them and dropped because of that. I do have HBO basically because of the Sopranos and starz because of "Customer appreciation"

tonester said:
I have the Sports Pack and I pretty much like it. Yes, all the "good" stuff is blacked out, but it gets wierd sometimes. Some stuff that should be blacked out isn't sometimes, so I feel like I'm getting something for free, which is always fun. I've been debating on whether to get rid of it, but I do watch it fairly often. I hate that the replays are blacked out also, that seems a bit overboard to me.

The interesting thing with baseball though, is that for some odd reason, I'm in 4 teams local markets. I live in North Carolina and I'm considered "local" for the Orioles, Nationals, Braves and Reds. So I get their games on FoxSport Nets which makes it worth it too.
look at my location..I am with ya on that brother...How three of those four teams get this area as their territory is a mystery to me..I emailed MLB twice and did not get a response....Right now the buy of EI is off..If I don't get the Mets games I'm not buying EI..forget it..I ll just get the MLBtv on the computer....

Iceberg said:
Living Dangerously is the ones that New Jack & Spike did synchronized balcony dives onto their opponents (that were on tables)

Found the tape Iceberg. It was "guilty as charged" I also found the UFC highlight PPV from 12-31-99- I missed all of UFC1 and most of UFC2 but have the rest of the event. Some bone crushing fights!!

IF anyone wants copies, (and it is leagel fro me to give them out) e-mail me and I will do my best.

Iceberg- let me knoe if I can do ths or not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)