Sportster 4 Radio

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

C1787GJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2005
MASSACHUSETTS
Just got the new Sportster 4 Radio today. Very impressed. I like how thin it is, and the screen seems bigger than the Sportster Replay but I'm not sure if it is. The look of the receiver is sharp, very nicely done. Hope the come out with a boombox for it soon!! :) Any questions let me know. The cost was 149.99 and had a 30 MIR too so not too bad if you ask me.

I bought one for a customer friend of mine, he loves it and thinks the display is bigger than the SportsterR. I really like the audio input jack on the car dock.

Just my luck, I bought it last Thursday and the rebates start 3 days later. Oh well.....

BTW, I believe the universal boom box is due out very soon. http://www.tss-radio.com/sirius-universal-plug-play-boombox-p-3848.html

Last edited:
That looks like a sharp unit. I just renewed my year-old Sportster Replay for another two years.

Does the new model get hot like the older one does? If I leave the unit on with the car not in covered parking it'll get so hot the LCD display will black out.

It did feel warm like all the other ones I have had but I didn't have it on long enough to tell for sure what happens for a long period of time. Rich, where did you buy it, just got back have them return it and then re-ring it so you qualify for the rebate! My biggest problem is remembering to do the rebate and send it out:eek: I haven't played with the AUX jack yet but I'm hoping I can plug something in to that and will it also go over the FM transmit or no. Also do any of you guys get channels such as 193 and 185. I thought those were Canadian only but I'm getting them with this one and was getting them with my older SportsterR. Last time I checked a friend of mine with with a SportsterR was not getting them. I started getting them after I did an ESN swap on my SportsterR due to a warranty exchange. :music:

hmmmmmmm.... interesting, i wonder if maybe they turned them on for me somehow, I have 2 radios on my account and both get these channels. I'll find out today what they all are for sure there is like 6 of them i think.

Hey yeah I'm getting everything I should be like Howard 100, Playboy, all the US weather and traffic, i basically get everything it looks like :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)