Radio Suggestions

Dugan5468

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Columbiana, Ohio
Just purchased a 2022 Ford Maverick XLT Truck. Didnt come with Sirius built in. I need some advice on which radio to install. I also would like a remote if possible. Dont want to use the app.

Thanks

Dugan

I have the onyx plus love it and it's been a solid performer. The radios don't come with remotes there extra for like 7 or 8 bucks. Try Amazon when I got mine they were giving out free activation along with 3 months at no extra charge

If your truck has Bluetooth, get the Tour 360. It has Bluetooth built in. Alternatively, you can get an XM Bluetooth cradle and use that with the Onyx Plus but you will find that the XM Bluetooth cradles are very hard to find. Both the Onyx Plus and the Tour 360 work fine with the XM remotes although there is no mention of this in the manuals for them. I have the Tour 360 installed in my airplane and the Bluetooth works great. I hand a remote to the rear passengers so they do not have to bother me when they want to change channels. I just put the antenna on the glareshield and it works fine without having to mount it somewhere. The only drawback to the Tour 360 is the slow startup when you first turn it on; it can take over a minute before you get audio. If you have internet in the truck (or a phone with hotspot capabilities), the Tour 360 also supports voice commands and streaming from other sources. The Tour 360 has a touch screen which makes it easier to use. Also, check with Ford and see if they offer the XM module that can be integrated into your existing radio. Many vehicles offer that capability.

Reactions: Jimbo
Why was it not built in? Should be stock at this point.
It’s only available on the Lariat trim in the Lariat Luxury package. I think Ford’s thinking was most target buyers would be using their smartphone to stream audio.

Besides, if Ford‘s Sirius XM hardware is still like the radio in my Escape, it sounds like it comes through corrugated tubing.

It’s only available on the Lariat trim in the Lariat Luxury package. I think Ford’s thinking was most target buyers would be using their smartphone to stream audio.

Besides, if Ford‘s Sirius XM hardware is still like the radio in my Escape, it sounds like it comes through corrugated tubing.
Bunch of thieves. Anything for the upsell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)