SportsTime Ohio launched on DISH Network

Ilya said:
Why?
According to the PR above, DISH Network customers, who subscribe to America's Top 60+, DishHD Bronze or any higher package, now have access to 130 regular-season games in 2006 on channel 431.
AT60+ will get RSNs. AT60 doesn't.

Basic Packages America's Top 60 Plus

Includes all of the great programming in our America's Top 60 programming package with the addition of the customer's local Regional Sports Network(s) (based on zipcode)

If Sports Time Ohio has not gone 24/7 and is only showing games, then there won't be any programming for them to show on the Multi-sport pack.

iceondsom said:
For you Tribe fans who are out of market, call and ask about adding the Multi-Sport Package for $5.99/month. I don't know for sure that this new channel will be added to this package but I have a strong suspicion that it will be.

If you want more info on the Multi-Sport Package, check out the link below and then click on the Multi-Sport icon.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/sports_overview/index.shtml

wont work

ALL pro sports are blacked out on them. So the only weay for someone outside of Cleveland to see the games is EI

Regional Sports Networks: Regional Sports Networks are only provided to customers who subscribe to America's Top 60 Plus or above. Regional Sports Networks provide certain sporting events based on your immediate geographical area, as determined by your zip code.

Examples of coverage include but are not limited to:
Professional Hockey (NHL)

Major League Baseball (MLB)

Professional Basketball (NBA)

Professional Soccer (MLS)

National and International Soccer events

College Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer

Boxing

I found a list of zip codes for blackouts on the mlb.tv website:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/subscriptions/mlbtv.jsp

Would this be the same list used by Dish Network when deciding if games should be blacked out?

Meaning, if my zipcode is in that list for the Indians, and I subscribed to the MultiSport package, would I see the games? My DMA is johnstown/Altoona, and my RSN is Fox Sports Pittsburgh, but my zip code is in that list as a Tribe home market.

Thanks!

John Corn said:
:up Cool, wonder if we will see these games in hi def? I'm not use to seeing Dish (officially) picking up sports programming before D*.
I doubt if STO in HD will be on either Dish or DirecTV any time soon. For that you'll have to go to cable. Most of the bigger cable companies are carrying STO HD, but note that only home STO games are in HD.

techweb said:
I doubt if STO in HD will be on either Dish or DirecTV any time soon. For that you'll have to go to cable. Most of the bigger cable companies are carrying STO HD, but note that only home STO games are in HD.

on my time warner, the Hd channel mirrors the analog counterpart, just a digital version of it, full time, there is no sound of course, but its there with the game (I ususally listen to the radio anyways) but HD games are only home, digital is up 24/7!

How is the picture quality with STO on E*? I know with Fox Sports Ohio (on my big screen) it can be kinda crappy.

thanks,
peter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)