Spot Beam Maps For 61.5 ????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chasby

Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
After 2 weeks of searching and many phone calls I still can't find the Spot Beam Maps for 61.5. EKB has maps for 110 and 119 but nothing for 61.5. Now that the local HD channels for Green Bay, WI are turned on (Ch. 5160-5163) I'd like to see if I could "move" to Green Bay.
Anyone out there know of a reference to these spot beams????
Thanks, chasby

From what I've read on this forum, the "numbers" on the Spot Beam maps on the EKB etc. are NOT the same as the Spot Beam numbers as reported in the up-link threads. So be prepared to do a little of your own research to determine which map number goes with which up-link number :)

Talon Dancer

Last edited:
From what I've read on this forum, the "numbers" on the Spot Beam maps on the EKB etc. are NOT the same as the Spot Beam numbers as reported in the up-link threads. So be prepared to do a little of your own research to determine which map number goes with with up-link number :)

Talon Dancer

That is exactly right. Anyone mapped this aspect of it out yet?

Yea, that map has no spotbeam that covers Nashville, yet Nashivlle locals are on spotbeam from 61.5. There is no way that map is correct. I beleive that map was created before even the launch of the satellite. I also belive it is the only one we have though. Maybe someone could look at the makets each spotbeam is broadcasting to and create a rough one from that.

Voyagerbob

The spots on that R/L DBS map (later became VOOM) were drawn very conservatively. R/L DBS way toying with the idea of a tiny dish. They were considering a 14" dish!

So, actually with an 18" dish the spot beam circles should be much larger, so markets like Nashville are probably covered using that map and imagining the circles larger.

Yea, that map has no spotbeam that covers Nashville, yet Nashivlle locals are on spotbeam from 61.5. There is no way that map is correct. I beleive that map was created before even the launch of the satellite. I also belive it is the only one we have though. Maybe someone could look at the makets each spotbeam is broadcasting to and create a rough one from that.

Voyagerbob

im still confused on this. if i look at 'the list' it shows nashville on spot beam 9. that covers miami. what am i missing? sorry for the noob questions...:confused:

im still confused on this. if i look at 'the list' it shows nashville on spot beam 9. that covers miami. what am i missing? sorry for the noob questions...:confused:

The map was for VOOM and their numbering system. Dish renumbered them by their system when they bought the satellite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)