Spot beam reach?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Greedytree

Original poster
Feb 12, 2009
Central Washington
OK, gang... Got a map question for someone with more smarts than me. (Which is pretty much everybody around here.)

I'm planning another "move" for RSN purposes, but I'm worried that if they remember to shut off my current local channels, I might be outside the reach of the spot beam that carries the locals where I'm "moving."

Put more simply: will I be able to get the Portland, Oregon, locals if I'm technically located in Ellensburg, Washington? (I'll be submitting a Klamath Falls, Ore, address, which normally gets the Portland channels.)

I tried using the maps feature -- which looks awesome -- but like I said, I'm not savvy enough to make head or tails of it.

Thanks in advance!

(Oh also, I'm rocking the 625 SD receiver, if that's important.)

You may or may not be in the spotbeam, but you can try testing transponders 27 and 29 on the 110 satellite to get a good idea. Transponder 27 is the only important one if you only want SD. There is a problem though. Klamath Falls is not in the Portland market. You'll need to try another address or you'll likely get nothing at all unless Medford locals reach you.

KLAMATH FALLS, OR 97601-
Wed Apr 07 06:47:09 MDT 2010
LOCAL NETWORK PACKAGE

Congratulations! This address is eligible for the:
Medford, OR Local Network Package

Awesome. Much appreciated. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, guys.

Thanks for the heads-up on Medford/Portland, too. I'm trying to straddle the No Cal/Washington RSNs to pull in both the Giants and Mariners. I'd rather have Portland for locals, but as long we get something, it's not a huge deal. Anything's better than Yakima!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts