Spot Beam ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Digital Rain

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 4, 2005
ALBUQUERQUE, NM
Not sure if this belongs here, My question is:

recently a friend of mine from Phoenix, AZ was here for a visit. He brought his RV with Dish on top. He has E* - with Phoenix locals. And amazingly we were able to watch Phoenix locals until about 1:30pm then channels were gone. I found out that Phoenix is on a spot beam.

If a bigger dish were put up would he be able to pick up Phoenix for more than a few hours the next time he visits?

Where is "here"? :) Please put a location in your profile page so we know where you are.

If you get the Phoenix locals a couple of hours a day, there is a decent possibility that a larger dish will allow you to get them for longer, but no guarantee how much longer. I am not sure how much wobble is in the satellite nor where you are.

See ya
Tony

depends on the area and how big the spotbeam is. As an example, Omaha locals can be seen all the way in NE Minnesota (Cedar Rapids, Minneapolis, Duluth, Omaha and Des Moines are all on the same 3 spotbeams

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)