Spotbeam maps for "move" from Augusta to Atlanta

madailey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
SC
Hey buds. I'm looking for the spotbeam map to make sure I'll be able to receive HD locals when I "move". I'm currently in Augusta, Ga (where there are no HD locals) and looking to "move" to Atlanta (where of course there are HD locals).

I know I saw the map of the coverage area up last week of so but now I can't find it or even hit it when I do a search.

A little help please of its location?

Thanks.

I know I saw the map of the coverage area up last week of so but now I can't find it or even hit it when I do a search.
Depends on which Satellite you want.
The Atlanta HD Locals are on both 61.5 (TP 15, Spot 6) and 129 (TP 4, Spot 43).

Both maps show Augusta being near the edge, so it might be problemsome.
I think you'll have better luck with 61.5 beam, since it's centered on Atlanta (the 129 beam is centered over Birmingham). But it all depends on the power levels of the beams.

Best bet would be to see your signal levels on the above mentioned Transponders.

Last edited:
Thanks D!

I'll do that. What would be the acceptable strength on the transponders you mentioned?

I've just been waiting long enough for my locals in HD through Dish. They have been available form Direct for over a year now but of course I sub to Dish. I'm tired of being the good guy here.

My sis lives in the middle of Atlanta so I have a valid address to use.

I'll do that. What would be the acceptable strength on the transponders you mentioned?
I'm not sure what number is required for a "good" signal, but you should be able to see if you get a LOCK or not.

But you could go ahead, do the "move" and check if the channels work on the 61.5/129 satellite you currently have. If it doesn't work, just "move" back.

Be careful with the maps for 61.5 That was from when Rainbow owned the sat. There is some evidence Dish has reoriented the sat to the east, changing the position of the beams.

Be careful with the maps for 61.5 That was from when Rainbow owned the sat. There is some evidence Dish has reoriented the sat to the east, changing the position of the beams.
That's why I recommended checking the signal strengths first.
And like I said, he can always "move" back if it doesn't work.

I'll do switch-a-roo o them and see how it works. Heck ! They've run it on me enough over the years. LOL!

Thank you Koilvr!

Its great to hear from someone who just went through it. I was curious about the phone line still be a non-Atlanta number but from what I read I guess it doesn't matter.

I'll do the "move" when I get home from work today.

Again, many thanks.

What do the green, yellow and red lines mean on the 61.5 map mean though? I am outside the green but inside the red of the map for Atlanta.

Signal Strength if I am correct means the chances you have of gettin the signal. I am in knoxville which is way red and get it on 61.5 perfectly no issues

KEWL! I am right on the yellow line so I should be good then. Thank you soooo much for your help!

Another thanks to Koilvr!

I called Dish and did the "move" from Aiken, sc to Atlanta, ga. Took 5 minutes over the online chat. I now get my "new" locals in HD and even Peachtree TV in HD so I can watch the Braves games that I was unable to receive before when I "lived" in the Augusta market.

Many thanks for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)