Spotbeams

I had a site bookmarked that had a list of the cities with what the spotbeam maps and it comes up with a "404 not found" error. What happened and is there a location that shows the maps?

The long outdated DISH markets list is still available here:

SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - dishnetworkmarkets

It appears that the spotbeam maps are no longer available though.

The two links below can help you figure it out using the most current data. The first link lists the satellite, transponder, and spot beam for a given market's locals, and the second link shows the approximate spot beam footprints. Click on the maps for more details.

Local Channels on DISH Network (Unofficial Listing)

James Long .name

Someone posted these charts not too long ago and I saved them. See if they help you any.

Attachments

• 2017-2018-TV-DMA-Map.pdf
    5.5 MB · Views: 317
  • dma-1.gif
    dma-1.gif
    43.2 KB · Views: 888
  • US DMA MAP.jpg
    US DMA MAP.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 261
Um, maybe not... The spots aren’t there any more.

TheList has been CLOSED

Ok, I found a way to access the spot beam maps, but first let me reiterate the disclaimer that these are years out of date, so use at your own risk regarding their accuracy. Here's how to find them:

Go to the old "Dish Network Markets" index: SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - dishnetworkmarkets

Select the state and then the DMA you're interested in.

Select the spot beam of interest from the "Beam" column.

When the map page opens, the image will be blank. Right click on the blank image to open the options menu.

Click on "Copy" (IE), "Copy Image Location" (Firefox), or "Copy Image Address" (Chrome).

Paste the resulting link into the address bar of your browser, but do not hit "Enter" yet.

Change "thelist" in the link to "retired", and then hit "Enter".

Enjoy the "view"... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts