spots on setup menu neosat ipro

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mr.crane

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
on t5 97 west. why these spots. any ideals.

could this be lnb problems or settings.

Attachments

• DSCN2182.JPG
    DSCN2182.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 190
Are you getting any channels? That is probably just a minor bug in the software of the receiver. If you're getting those little specks on all your channels though, then I might suspect something else!

Good point Tantalus, could be some interference frm a noisy piece of equipment. Or maybe it's like mine>just needs to wipe off the tv screen, LOL

Appears that digital RF noise is entering the processor prior to the GUI overlay on the MPEG or JPEG image which is stored on the flash. Probably a component is not properly grounded due to poor seating or cold solder joint.

SatAV, I have to agree, I ran into a problem like that quite a few tears ago. Could almost make out a menu. Turned out to be a TV across the house in a bedroom. . Had to unplug it to get a clear picture in the living room. 60Ft between 'em, but fed with a common drop from splitter-amp. Fixed with an attenuator in line with the bedroom TV. (Not the best solution, but it worked.)

In the case of my TiVo interfering, it was noise coming from the switching power supply. After a recent upgrade I had not put the TiVo cover back on fully or the screws back in. Works wonders when you do the job right. Fixed!

Jim

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts