Springfield MA locals

mkstg1985

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 15, 2010
Springfield MA
Hello all I'm currently a Directv customer and would like to switch to Dish. But the reason I haven't yet is because where I live Dish Doesn't offer locals. But when I saw the uplink report a few weeks back it listed hd locals for Springfield MA. Does this mean Springfield will definitely get locals and how long will it take before they go live. It has been already almost a month.

Thanks

Hello all I'm currently a Directv customer and would like to switch to Dish. But the reason I haven't yet is because where I live Dish Doesn't offer locals. But when I saw the uplink report a few weeks back it listed hd locals for Springfield MA. Does this mean Springfield will definitely get locals and how long will it take before they go live. It has been already almost a month.

Thanks

honestly just because they are uplinked doesnt mean they will be turned on today, tomorrow, next week or never ;)

We've seen locals uplinked and then not turned on for months

if you live in springfield or any of it's surrounding burbs you can buy an indoor powered antenna and pick up all of the springfield locals and some of the hartford locals.And if you live on the western fringe of the Springfield DMA you might possably be able to pick up some of the Albany locals and the eastern fringe maybe some Boston or Providence locals.
just an idea,or you could wait and see if the locals that are uplinked get turned on.

if you live in springfield or any of it's surrounding burbs you can buy an indoor powered antenna and pick up all of the springfield locals and some of the hartford locals.And if you live on the western fringe of the Springfield DMA you might possably be able to pick up some of the Albany locals and the eastern fringe maybe some Boston or Providence locals.
just an idea,or you could wait and see if the locals that are uplinked get turned on.

That is a good idea but the problem is that my location in Springfield has reception issues really bad. I have a roof antenna hooked to my hdtv and still get break ups once in a while and I can barely get Hartford stations only on a clear day. Also I have three other sd tv's that need satellite and locals and it would be a pain to get a converter box and hook up an antenna for all those tv's. But if Dish network let me have hd boxes for all my tv's I could use their built in atsc tuners but still don't know how the reception would be but thank you.

What section of Springfield do you live in that has reception problems,i live in west springfield with a roof antenna and get all hartford locals all springfield locals and channel 4 and 56 out of boston with no pre amp or amplifier.

Another question for Springfield, MA

Currently our cbs affiliate in Springfield does not provide HD. Under the new law, will we in Spfld be able to receive CBS 3 out of Hartford to compensate for that? For the record, that is what we get on our cable system for HD.

I live in the Berkshires about halfway between Albany and Springfield. I'd prefer the Springfield locals since it would give me in-state news; and in some circumstances, sports.

I wonder if I'll be able to choose which locals I get. Cable in this area gives people both sets of channels.

I live in the Berkshires about halfway between Albany and Springfield. I'd prefer the Springfield locals since it would give me in-state news; and in some circumstances, sports.

I wonder if I'll be able to choose which locals I get. Cable in this area gives people both sets of channels.

No we will continue to get Albany stations. The kicker is that our significantly viewed stations are actually Hartford.

If you have an outdoor antenna, you should be able to get WGGB 40 and Fox 6. Point your antenna at 118 degrees - WGGB is very powerful and is on top of Mt Tom. I can not get WWLP because of radio antennas in my path - others in Pittsfield, Dalton and Lanesborough can get it without problem.

What section of Springfield do you live in that has reception problems,i live in west springfield with a roof antenna and get all hartford locals all springfield locals and channel 4 and 56 out of boston with no pre amp or amplifier.

I live in the East Forest Park section of Springfield and to the south west of my house is a large hill which is probably the reason why the reception is bad as that is the direction most of the stations come from. Also FM radio reception as well as cell phone reception is not so great either. I would think because I live right in Springfield I would get the best of everything but that is not the case.

No we will continue to get Albany stations. The kicker is that our significantly viewed stations are actually Hartford.

If you have an outdoor antenna, you should be able to get WGGB 40 and Fox 6. Point your antenna at 118 degrees - WGGB is very powerful and is on top of Mt Tom. I can not get WWLP because of radio antennas in my path - others in Pittsfield, Dalton and Lanesborough can get it without problem.

Thanks, that's good info. I'm about 20 or 25 miles south of you. I kind of doubt I could get an HD signal ota, but maybe it's possible.

That's a shame that Albany NY somehow has rights to us in another state, when Springfield is the same distance away. It doesn't seem right.

does any one know if the Springfield MA channels are going to be in HD or SD.if they are going to be in SD i will have to keep my locals from Hartford.Hoping they will be in Hd though.

COnfused about Springfield locals

Dish Network's website seems to have the Spfld locals labeled wrong. Are these in HD or SD and can we in Spfld get the CBS -HD from Hartford like they do on cable? Channel 40 is correct, but 57 is PBS, 3 should be CBS nad 6 should be fox, and channel 22 is the NBC affiliate. I'm confused??

StationLocal Channel NumberDish Channel Number SPRINGFIELD, MA ABC-WGGB 40 5270; SPRINGFIELD, MA FOX-WGGBD 57 5273; SPRINGFIELD, MA NBC-WWLP 3 5272; SPRINGFIELD, MA CBS-WSHM 6 6531