Springfield, MA locals?

hartford IS available. Personally I don't see why Hartford and Springfield are not one market. In fact I think that you don't get all the networks in either market.

BTW ia ma assuming that WSHM is a low powered station. I don't know if either provider carries it. In fact it calls itself "CBS Springfield 3" which should tell you something right there.

I take that back D* carries it.

The Springfield market covers all of western mass. there are still many communities im western mass including some very populated cities:Springfield, Holyoke, northampton, pittsfied, etc. Combining the two would be great as far as national nbc and abc but not good as far as local news goes.

Springfield, MA TV stations:

WWLP TV 22 NBC
WFXQ-CA 28 Fox (or maybe not!)
WGGB TV 40 ABC
WGBY TV 57 PBS
WDMR LP 65 (may have moved to 51?) Telemundo
WSHP LP 67 CBS

Springfield_MA.gif

See ya
Tony

Attachments

• Springfield_MA.gif
    Springfield_MA.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 108
The Springfield market covers all of western mass. there are still many communities im western mass including some very populated cities:Springfield, Holyoke, northampton, pittsfied, etc. Combining the two would be great as far as national nbc and abc but not good as far as local news goes.

Almost, those of us out here on the true frontier (as opposed to you pioneer people) :) are in the Albany DMA, though I'd prefer getting my locals from Springfield or Boston.

I just get them from Comcast. $7 a month and 6 of them are in HD. I already had cable for internet anyway so it was a no brainer.

WFXQ-CA 28 Fox? Never heard of that one. All I've ever seen on cable systems is WTIC-61. Does DTV have WFXQ in their Springfield channels?

WFXQ-CA 28 Fox? Never heard of that one. All I've ever seen on cable systems is WTIC-61. Does DTV have WFXQ in their Springfield channels?

Hmmm... the station is there according the the FCC but the Fox web site does not list them as an affiliate. So I'm not sure what the station is showing. :)

See ya
Tony

Pittsfield and the Berkshires are NOT in that market. theya re in the albany DMA.

WFXQ isa low power station on Mount Tom. Every time I have read an article discussing it there is another rumor about whether it will become a Fox, CW or My Network affiliate. I don't believe that the DMA has a station affiliated with any of these but as we have said in this thread the Hartford and Springfield DMAs are adjacent and so small in physical size and many viewers watch stations from the other DMA. heck the cities themselves are only about 25 miles apart. The distance between the transmitters may be different.

It is owned by the same company that owns WWLP and the last time i was in the area it was simulcasting WWLP. But anything is possible now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)