Springtime

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Eastcoast

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2006
Newfoundland,Canada
I was outside yesturday trying to set up a fixed dish I have to maybe hit G10R although very low on the horizon but I must try.When I heard a voice say "can't get a signal on the other one", well I was on the roof and replied to him as he was foolin with flowwers in his yard,. I said no that one is fine but those trees are blocking my view of another satellite. He went off mumbling and shaking his head.I guess I woun't be able to begin to explain FTA to him.
Pretty Good Guy Though.

Dave

If I'm not mistaken, isnt it like 5 degree elevation for you?

Have you thought of mounting the dish upside down? I know that worked for me when I was working with a <15 elevation :)

PSB had a picture of an upside down dish he worked on a while back. Military does that too when the elevation is low

Yep
thats 5 deg alright and I did hear about doing that mounting i upside down as a matter of fact I believe I seen a commercial 1.8M type done like that today as the LNB support arm and and support arm bars were on the top.
I guess either way that dish is not going to fill with water.

Dave

Here is my 40" P* dish upside down, working with that right now for low elevations.... In the picture its at around 28º elev.

Attachments

• Pict0076.JPG
    Pict0076.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 158
So Pete
would it be better to try and find the satellite with the dish right side up first if I can tilt it far enough and the set it up the other way after?

Dave

Usually yes, well thats the way I do it. Trying to find a way to get this dish attached to my truck now :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts