Springtime

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Eastcoast

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2006
Newfoundland,Canada
I was outside yesturday trying to set up a fixed dish I have to maybe hit G10R although very low on the horizon but I must try.When I heard a voice say "can't get a signal on the other one", well I was on the roof and replied to him as he was foolin with flowwers in his yard,. I said no that one is fine but those trees are blocking my view of another satellite. He went off mumbling and shaking his head.I guess I woun't be able to begin to explain FTA to him.
Pretty Good Guy Though.

Dave

If I'm not mistaken, isnt it like 5 degree elevation for you?

Have you thought of mounting the dish upside down? I know that worked for me when I was working with a <15 elevation :)

PSB had a picture of an upside down dish he worked on a while back. Military does that too when the elevation is low

Yep
thats 5 deg alright and I did hear about doing that mounting i upside down as a matter of fact I believe I seen a commercial 1.8M type done like that today as the LNB support arm and and support arm bars were on the top.
I guess either way that dish is not going to fill with water.

Dave

Here is my 40" P* dish upside down, working with that right now for low elevations.... In the picture its at around 28º elev.

Attachments

• Pict0076.JPG
    Pict0076.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 159
So Pete
would it be better to try and find the satellite with the dish right side up first if I can tilt it far enough and the set it up the other way after?

Dave

Usually yes, well thats the way I do it. Trying to find a way to get this dish attached to my truck now :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)