Sprint BB Tour 9630

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LER

Supporter / Pub Member / Server Weenie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2003
Round Rock, TX US
Since the IBM acqusition, I'm going to have to carry a BB as well as my personal Hero to gain access to the IBM E-Mail infrastructure.

Anyone have pros/cons/recommendations with a Tour (9630) on Sprint?

Last edited:
I had the Tour 9630 on verizon, the tour line is prone to trackball errors and bad keyboards, but the later builds have been alot better....Very solid blackberry, sadly its being left in the dust not supporting opengl and the newest operating systems to come.

If you can wait get the 9650 which will be coming out shortly. It was originally referred to as the Tour 2, but now they are dropping that and just going with the Bold 9650 designation. It will have Wi-Fi and a trackpad in lieu of the junky trackball.

I have the 9630 and the trackball is no good, but I use a 8330 Curve for work that I've had for twice as long and the trackball is perfect. As soon as a replacement for the Tour comes out I'm ditching the 9630 just because of the trackball. Other than the funky trackball it's a nice device.

It'll be a while before the 9650 will be available via our Corporate stuff. I had a choice of the 9630 or one of the 88xx's. I got the 9630.

Just got it today, and got it activated on IBM's BES server.

Now to get used to it's quirks :)

This is a PURELY IBM Phone, I still have my personal hero on my PERSONAL account.

They pay for it, they own it, they can do whatever they want :).

In order to gain access to the IBM E-Mail Infrastructure, I need to have the BB.

Therefore, they can do what they please with it.

I am surprised that the IBM plan does include Phone-as-Modem, so that's a win.

Thanks for the story, though.

One more thing to watch out for with company owned phones and this is purely conspiratorial stuff so take it for what it's worth. There have been reports around the forums that companies are tracking employees whereabouts using the company owned phone GPS trackers.

I have a tour 9630. coming from an iphone i think it sucks. the screen it too small for any kind of browsing on the web. it is the slowest booting phone i have ever seen..it literally takes forever to reboot. no wifi, it locks up quite a bit, some blackberry apps seem not to work properly.

the battery life is good. the trackball acts goofy on horizontal scrolling. vertical scrolling is fine.
the video camera is quite impressive and it takes great photographs.

i am going back to an iphone 3Gs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)