Sprint- First carrier to sell the Nexus One

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
So how many of you Sprint customers will upgrade to Nexus One now?

Nexus One from Google Coming to Sprint; Availability Date Announced Soon
2:44p ET March 17, 2010 (Business Wire)

Nexus One, the first wireless phone sold through Google(TM)'s web store, is planned for Sprint's 3G Mobile Broadband Network. Sprint (NYSE:S) will announce pricing and an exact availability date soon. Nexus One will benefit from Sprint's 3G network with twice the coverage of AT&T and 10 times the coverage of T-Mobile, both based on square miles.(1)

If it is sold through Sprint, I might think about getting one at the end of the year. Just received my Hero in December so I have to wait until my year is up and they will subsidize a new phone for me. By the time December gets here there will most likely be another one that is just as nice or better.

I though T-Mobile was the first?

T-Mobile does not sell the Nexus One. Right now it is only sold through the Google store. Sprint looks to be one of the first to be able to sell it from their retail locations.

Is the Nexus One the iphone killer?

Well, it was for Leo LaPorte a die hard iphone enthusiast who now says that the Nexus one killed the iphone for him.

I had a sell point for my Sprint stock but when this news broke I cancelled it to see how Nexus One sales will affect that. Also, good to note- is that the first Nexus One phone was a GSM radio model and now this Sprint one is CDMA. That puts the Nexus one in both systems and could now me offered by both AT&T and Verizon for some really huge sales. IMO, this ability to sell from all 4 carriers and independently was short coming of the iphone that now won't happen with the Nexus One. GIve the Nexus one advertising and have it picked up by both Verizon and AT&T and the iphone will be dead meat!

By threatening to sue them for the same "sins" as they sue HTC for...

Diogen.

I thought the Apple suit with htc is for patent infringement- Can't sue a retailer for offering to sell the phone that works on their network. Additionally, has there ever been a case file where a plaintiff sued another for "sin"? Hey, I know Apple can be considered a cult, but a religion? Maybe you meant to add a :D to your post?

The sins they are suing HTC for are more "SENSE" related than android.
I don't think so.

Apple pretends to have invented practically everything: from hardware used to how it is used to software to the crown jewel - multiouch. Some of the patents go back to NeXI days...

I don't think they even dream about stopping either Nokia or HTC. It is a game for time.

Having enough money and lawyers guarantees that small fish - anything with less than $100B market cap - will try to stay out of a fight scared. That by itself is the goal. And by the time the smoke clears and it is established they have nothing, the game is over, the market is established, roles assigned and fat margins gone. By then Apple settles and moves on to more profitable ventures... having spent $100M on its own lawyers and having made some 20 times more in profits...

Diogen.

Last edited:
I don't think so.

Apple pretends to have invented practically everything: from hardware used to how it is used to software to the crown jewel - multiouch. Some of the patents go back to NeXI days...

I don't think they even dream about stopping either Nokia or HTC. It is a game for time.

Having enough money and lawyers guarantees that small fish - anything with less than $100B market cap - will try to stay out of a fight scared. That by itself is the goal. And by the time the smoke clears and it is established they have nothing, the game is over, the market is established, roles assigned and fat margins gone. By then Apple settles and moves on to more profitable ventures... having spent $100M on its own lawyers and having made some 20 times more in profits...

Diogen.
There are not going after them for OS specific items. Ever thing has been aimed at HTC Sense, that includes the Winmo devices.
Slide to lock - android doesn't do that but HTC copied it in put it in Sense.

There are not going after them for OS specific items. Ever thing has been aimed at HTC Sense, that includes the Winmo devices.
Slide to lock - android doesn't do that but HTC copied it in put it in Sense.

In the Android release I play around with on the Touch Pro2, it doesn't have Sense and it has the lock screen.

Also on WinMo HTC Sense, there is no slide to unlock in HTC Sense. There is a little different slide to unlock that comes with WinMo 6.5, the slide is in the middle and you can slide it either way.

I still use the WinMo S2U2 app, stock it looks kinda like the iphone version but I change it up to have a different slider, HTC flip clock, weather, alarms/appt's notification options on the screen, and have the wall paper randomnly change every few minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)