Sprint's $2.5 Billion Network Improvement Plan Hints At LTE

Make sense, I hear they are looking to cut their ies with Clear and roll out their own 4G network.

We got 4G here but the service is nothing to write home about so far.

Considering they still own the majority (54%) of Clear it is strange that they seem to have so many issues with Clearwire. I wonder if they are trying to figure out how to get out of the 54% of the lead balloon they own. Clearwire has said they can convert to LTE, but I guess Intel paid them too much to switch right now. Sprint probably wants LTE, but does not want to spend too much since they own so much of clearwire. I bet that the day they can dump wimax and not have to pay any penalty to Intel is the day Clear suddenly turns LTE and Sprint rolls out LTE thanks to it.

Yeah my guess is from what I read it looks like most of their new hardware will do both so when they do decided to make a switch there should not be a issue. Either way Sprint and Verizon are leading the way on 4G and getting the hardware in place to support it once it truly kicks in.. :)

$2.5B is probably a drop in the bucket compared to what the big boys are doing. Sprint has been flailing around for a while now. I still think their best bet, and I'll bet they agree, is to be bought out.

Android 2.3 starting to roll out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)