Sprint's Hesse: Sprint, T-Mobile merger is possible in the long run

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It would be nice to have a 3rd large cell company that can put the pressure on both AT&T and Verizon.

A conversion t VoLTE (Voice over LTE) would be a bold strategy, but not a bad one. I don't know about the specifics, but if the merged company did this, would their 3G spectrum be re-used for greater LTE footprint?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Not going to happen. Sprint is about to sell 70% of the company to the "Metro PCS" of Japan for around 13 billion. Plus both companies service is terrible. Sprint offers "Truley Unlimited" plans which are far from unlimited or even service and T-Mobile caps there data bandwidth to 3g to 2g speeds after just 100mb of use on there so called "Unlimited" plans. Both companies are a joke in my opinion. Sprint made users of there 4g Wimax phones pay a $10 a month fee to access services that where never available to more than 95% of there customers who paid for it. Now they are doing the same thing to users of there new LTE service. I switched to Verizon because there coverage is great, there data speeds are great and it only cost me $20 more a month for service that actually works in all the area's where Sprint didn't. I was also a Sprint customer since 1998 when they first stated there PCS network and within the last 3 years there service has just went down the toilet. I know of at least 30 people who have switched to Verizon because of using my phone and have thanked me for since.

New info on the merger with Softbank:

Softbank Adjusts Stock Swap Deal with eAccess to Reflect Share Price Slump
6:47a ET November 2, 2012 (Dow Jones)
Softbank Adjusts Stock Swap Deal with eAccess to Reflect Share Price Slump

By Paul Jackson

TOKYO--Softbank Corp. (9984.TO) said Friday it has adjusted the stock swap ratio in its deal to take over smaller domestic rival eAccess Ltd. (9427.TO) in a renegotiated deal still valued at Y180 billion ($2.25 billion).
Softbank, one of Asia's biggest Internet conglomerates, said the swap ratio continues to give each eAccess share a value of Y52,000 yen per share, with Softbank's shares to be valued at Y2,589 instead of the originally agreed Y3,108.
The move reflects the slump in Softbank's share price since it announced its ambitious acquisition plans for U.S. wireless carrier Sprint Nextel Corp. (S) last month.
Softbank shares finished trading at Y2,714 on the Tokyo Stock Exchange on Friday.
The renegotiated terms also bring forward the effective date of the share swap. The shares of eAccess are now scheduled to be delisted Dec. 26 instead of Feb. 25, with the swap coming into effect Jan. 1 instead of Feb. 28.
The deal will elevate Softbank's position closer to that of No. 2 mobile carrier KDDI Corp. (9433.TO), which in October last year ended Softbank's monopoly as provider of Apple Inc.'s (AAPL) iPhone in Japan.

I might add there has been no significant shift in Sprint share valuation since the announcement except for a minor bump in the beginning that has all but been lost. Effectively flat. I expect my position in Sprint to fall as the deal takes place at the end of the year and then begin a slow recovery and gain as Sprint puts the deal benefit to work in 2013. The real catalyst will be whether Sprint can increase it's subscribers next year with it's buildout of the LTE network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts