Sprint's Unlimited Data is fading away

mikew

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
Sprint Slowly Killing Unlimited Data - If You Can't Beat AT&T & Verizon, Join Them? | DSLReports.com, ISP Information

Looks like the 4g data plans will no longer be unlimited starting 11/11. This would be for data cards and mobile hot spots. Phone-only plans will continue with unlimted, but as Karl, from DSL Reports, says...that probably won't last long either.

It's quite disappointing that Sprint decided to follow the leaders. I always had hoped that when LTE came out, the limitations would disappear. Looks loke the opposite is happening and we'll never see fair pricing for mobile internet.

I bet they continue in the future to end their unlimited plans they have now for 3G data on phones.

No kidding. I just got busted for having tethering on my iPhone. Had only used it for about 20 mins on an iPad a month ago and I have used 1.2 GB of data on my "unlimited" plan. So really, AT*T wants me to pay for the iPhone and a seperate account for the iPad and another for my wife, one for my daughter, one for my son...Unlimited mobile internet should be just that, but never will happen in the USA.

The unlimited data is the one reason for me to stay on Sprint long term. If that goes away, I don't know that I'll stay. I'm fortunate enough to live in an area that has very good WiMax coverage so that is a nice item too.

Sprint's going to have a helluva time if they are SLOW and capped....when I left Sprint here, it was slow as dialup sometimes....terrible.

Sprint having some issues with their network mainly with Iphones... Don't see them getting rid of their Unlimited data anytime soon and the main think is to stay with your carrier if you have Unlimited data that way your lock in even if they did go to a Cap... If you leave you loose that to go to a carrier that does not have unlimited.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts