Sprout.

Spize

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
This is one I don't get... why does Dish not carry the Sprout (PBS Kids) channel?

It seems like it would be a channel that isn't that costly to carry, given PBS, and is VERY popular amongst the kids my daughter is in class with.

Is there a major reason that I just can't find?

E* seems to want to add HD channels. Maybe they could add it to the Platinum channels like Centric "HD" and Logo "HD" if that is why it is not added. I am not really complaining, but these channels really do not show HD. However, if they start, then we will have them already. So, I guess that is a plus.

"Sprout, please!"
http://www.sproutplease.com/sprout/sproutplease/

Years ago Charlie said that PBS wanted too much money for what was then PBS Kids. Now, just because someone publishes a list of what some carriers are paying for a channel doesn't meant that the channels isn't demanding more, perhaps much more, than others are paying, hence, too much money.

However, at this point, I think Charlie feels (and I agree) he has more than enough kids channels and added a few the last few years (Viacom leveraged poop channels, among others), but is most likely interested in adding new HD channels, not SD ones. IMHO.

Years ago Charlie said that PBS wanted too much money for what was then PBS Kids. Now, just because someone publishes a list of what some carriers are paying for a channel doesn't meant that the channels isn't demanding more, perhaps much more, than others are paying, hence, too much money.

However, at this point, I think Charlie feels (and I agree) he has more than enough kids channels and added a few the last few years (Viacom leveraged poop channels, among others), but is most likely interested in adding new HD channels, not SD ones. IMHO.

Who cares what you think, other people want it, and so do their kids.

Who cares what you think, other people want it, and so do their kids.

I think you misunderstood my post. I was relaying what Charlie has said many times over the years regarding the PBS Kids channel--since re-branded as Sprout. I was also providing Mr. Ergan's often stated feelings regarding more children's channels and even sports channels, that from his perspective as CEO paying for a whole slew of "special interest" channels, he has more than enough to please the vast majority of people, and Mr. frugal Ergan doesn't believe in spending money to please a minority of subscribers while the vast majority seem to want more HD and more "unique" channels.

Now, I did offer my two cents in agreeing with Chuck-o, but when is has it ever become poor form for anyone on a forum to offer their penny thoughts? About 90% of the content on this forum is OPINION and sharing personal views on such subjects as this thread.

Well, I don't care that you don't care what I think. Everyone else takes an opinion on this board, evaluates it and moves on. Or the vast majority do respond with posts that invite polite discussion on an issue where there is disagreement.

Judging from your childish response to my post, I know the child who wants PBS Kids is YOU. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts