Square Trade Warranties

jiw

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 24, 2012
Oroville, wa
hi guys.
i bout vip 722k on e-bay, and Square Trade guys are trying to sell me a warranties on it.
is this is a good deal, or real company? three years for $35.00. can i get other warranties threw dish?
jiw:confused:

If you add the Dish Protection Plan for $7 that covers all equipment displaying a Dish logo. So even though this is purchased, the Dish Protection Plan would cover your receiver. If it fails that plan would cover both shipping and the cost of a new receiver.

Dish protection plan is $7 per month. This does cover much more than just the receiver.

The square trade seems like a good deal, if you just want to cover that one receiver. I've dealt with them Square Trade before, and they are very easy to work with when you have a problem (they pay shipping both ways as well). Look for a 30% off coupon online.

hi guys.
i bout vip 722k on e-bay, and Square Trade guys are trying to sell me a warranties on it.
is this is a good deal, or real company? three years for $35.00. can i get other warranties threw dish?
jiw:confused:

$35.00 to Square Trade or $252.00 to Dish. Simple math to me. And yes I know Dish will cover all the equipment on the account.

$35.00 to Square Trade or $252.00 to Dish. Simple math to me. And yes I know Dish will cover all the equipment on the account.
Actually, it's $35 to Square Trade vs. $28 to Dish, since you can add the protection plan the day your receiver dies and then RMA it the next. You would be on the hook for 4 months of PP or a $25 cancellation fee.

Never heard of this Square Trade company, but many warranty companies can be a real PITA to collect from....do some research before giving them your hard earned cash.....probably better off with the Dish plan...GL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts