SSD on 211

OK so my customer couldn't wait 9 days for New Egg to deliver so I went and bought a few from WalMart and found one that worked. Its the WD My Passport 1TB It is self powered and comes in an array of colors. It also has a 3 Year Warranty so ya Ill use the caddys somewhere else but just passing the info along. Now this was for a 211k but plan on testing it on a z and Wally soon

Reactions: pattykay
ts the WD My Passport 1TB It is self powered and comes in an array of colors.

All of my WD My Passport self-powered USB3 drives work. All of my WD My Passport USB2 drives do not, or even crash my receiver. :( Older tech just uses too much power I think.

If your doing a 211 as a DVR with an external drive, move to a true DVR or a hopper, you'll never regret it.
I did the add on DVR external drive DVR, fought it and went through a drive or 2.

If your doing a 211 as a DVR with an external drive, move to a true DVR or a hopper, you'll never regret it.
I did the add on DVR external drive DVR, fought it and went through a drive or 2.

My VIP211K is a true digital video recorder (DVR). I've been using it for four years and am really happy with it. I see no reason to spend an extra $15 per month for a Hopper.

I would have no reason to do that. I have been using a 211K for years, and am still on the original WD MyBook 1TB drive. I have yet to have any problems whatsoever.

Reactions: 4d3fect
Never had a problem with my 21K w/attached EHD. It generates noise, but not any more than the rest of our household appliances. Certainly not enough to warrant trying to switch to a SSD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)