SSD on 211

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
OK so my customer couldn't wait 9 days for New Egg to deliver so I went and bought a few from WalMart and found one that worked. Its the WD My Passport 1TB It is self powered and comes in an array of colors. It also has a 3 Year Warranty so ya Ill use the caddys somewhere else but just passing the info along. Now this was for a 211k but plan on testing it on a z and Wally soon

Reactions: pattykay
ts the WD My Passport 1TB It is self powered and comes in an array of colors.

All of my WD My Passport self-powered USB3 drives work. All of my WD My Passport USB2 drives do not, or even crash my receiver. :( Older tech just uses too much power I think.

If your doing a 211 as a DVR with an external drive, move to a true DVR or a hopper, you'll never regret it.
I did the add on DVR external drive DVR, fought it and went through a drive or 2.

If your doing a 211 as a DVR with an external drive, move to a true DVR or a hopper, you'll never regret it.
I did the add on DVR external drive DVR, fought it and went through a drive or 2.

My VIP211K is a true digital video recorder (DVR). I've been using it for four years and am really happy with it. I see no reason to spend an extra $15 per month for a Hopper.

I would have no reason to do that. I have been using a 211K for years, and am still on the original WD MyBook 1TB drive. I have yet to have any problems whatsoever.

Reactions: 4d3fect
Never had a problem with my 21K w/attached EHD. It generates noise, but not any more than the rest of our household appliances. Certainly not enough to warrant trying to switch to a SSD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)