St. Louis HD Locals

preynolds

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
I am getting a signal strength(locked on 61.5) of 52 on Transponder 21 on satellite 61.5. According to the list this is the transponder that the St. Louis HD locals are on and on spotbeam 61 which I am locked on. When I check the signal strength on Transponder 21 it does take a few minutes to lock on the spotbeam which is not unusual when I read other notes on same. When I try to access one of the St. Louis HD channels the screen says the receiver will switch to the SD locals (on 110 sat) which come in really fast. The SD locals are also on spotbeam and there is no problem with accessing those channels but I want the HD channels.
Do I need to call tech support and ask for a rehit or does anyone have any ideas? I have tried the check switch and unplugging the receiver in hopes of getting the HD channels. I do have an HD 211 receiver hooked up to 61.5, 110, 119 and 129. I am well within the green line on the sat spotbeam map on this site. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Yes it is. That is why I am getting the SD locals from STL. I do get the guide for all of the STL HD locals but when I go to those the receiver goes to the SD channels. It does take a while to lock on to the spotbeam for the HD locals but I am getting a signal strength over 50 on transponder 21(sb 61). I have noticed that others have said that it also takes their receivers a while to lock on to their spotbeams when they went to the new 61.5 satellite.

Have you tried using the 64XX channel numbers?