Poor quality picture with new hopper set up

allaboutwolves

Original poster
Oct 21, 2013
virginia
I have had the new hopper for 5 days. The picture quality is so poor, I cannot read the jersey numbers on football games. I have the same TV (Samsung 46 inch 1080p) I had with the last direct receiver (not HD) and the older dish receiver ( HD). The programs in SD are almost painful to watch. Many channels are reduced in size in a box. Recordings on HD or SD channels have bleeps in the programming I live in a rural area with NO obstructions to the dish. Locals in HD area also poor in quality. I do know that the satellite numbers area different and I am in the same zipcode. Please advise as I am frustrated. Any question I have regarding the hopper "skipping" commercials. When I asked the rep by calling customer service about recordings skipping commercials he responded that I could manually push buttons to skip when the commercials came one. I asked what was the big deal since I could do this with any old DVR, he had no response. Thanks in advance:confused:

Try Settings>Format TV>HDTV and make sure the settings are correct,1080P/16x9. The auto skipping of comercials happens on PrimeTimeAnytime content only. you need to have PTAT enabled and then the next day when you try to view a PTAT event that has Auto Hop available you will see a pop up asking if you want to enable it. If you choose yes, then the commercials will be automatically skipped over on that DVR event.

How is your Hopper connected to your TV? That is, what input is it attached to? If it's connected to either the antenna input or a composite video input (yellow RCA jack), then you will only see an SD-quality signal at best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts