Why do Sling Adapters die so often?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

3HaloODST

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 2, 2010
Earth
I have three Sling Adapters. One for a 722k and two for two Hopper 2000s. The other two Hoppers w/Sling obviously don't need adapters.

Two out of three Sling Adapters have died in the past year. I got the last one replaced and am in the process of getting one replaced now. It often makes me wonder what if one dies after the one year warranty expires? Also makes me wonder of the HwS's internal Sling chips will eventually bite the dust?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I have three Sling Adapters. One for a 722k and two for two Hopper 2000s. The other two Hoppers w/Sling obviously don't need adapters....

Are all these boxes on the same account?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Maybe you're just unlucky. I've had my single sling adapter for at least 6 or 7 years with no issues. Was on my 722 before putting it on one of my Hoppers.

Yeah one of my adapters has been going strong for a while now on the 722k. 2/3 dead is bad luck though for sure.

Are all these boxes on the same account?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

4H/1J are on one account, 722k is on another.

One thing that tee'd me off with the recent replacement is that since I don't have the protection plan (don't need it as I fix most problems on my own) I get stuck with a $15 shipping charge for their faulty product. No biggie I guess, having the grandfathered Hopper fees will more than make up for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)