Blockbuster@Home

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BruceE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2006
Can anyone tell me if you can have this removed from your bill. I do not rent movies from Blockbuster & I don't want to spend $10.00 a month for a service that I never use.

Thank you,
BruceE

Yes, this is an optional service that you are currently subscribing to. It can be easily removed by calling Dish, signing into your account online, or contacting a member of DIRT in this site. Keep in mind that this channel package has nothing to do with renting movies from Blockbuster, but rather is a package of about 20 channels and a slew of on demand movies.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If you have a DVR like the hopper connected to the internet you can get some free on demand programming as well as others for a high fee. One of the nicest parts is I discovered you get access to Starz on Demand even though you only get Starz Cinema channel through blockbuster@home (not the full Starz package which is an additional fee).

Yes you can get that removed but here is a list of the channels you will lose if that is taken off of your account:
Ctrc ch 251 afro centric programming, ci ch 368 crime and investigation, esusp ch 344 encore suspense movies, epix ch 380 movies, epix 2 ch 381 movies, epix 3 ch 382 movies, foxmo ch 384 fox movie channel, hmc ch 187 hallmark movie channel, hdnmv ch 130 hd net movies, inde ch 378 independent films/movies, logo ch 254 glbt tv channel, mavtv ch 361 action/sports, mgm ch 385 movies, movieplex ch 377 movies, palladia ch 369 music related programming, pixl ch 388 family programming, retroplex ch 379 movies, starz cinema 353 movies, sony movie channel ch 386 movies, universal hd ch 247 reruns of nbc universal programming, world fishing network ch 394 sports/outdoors. as mentioned you can go to mydish.com and log into your account to do this or call 8003333474 or go to ch 100 on your dish receiver to remove it that way.

To re-emphasize what has been already said, the package of channels existed before the BBAH branding, priorly known as the Platinum package. It was already a popular option BEFORE Dish sweetened the pot with BB.

Since it ain't BB @ Home any longer, why doesn't Dish change the name of the package to something more relevant like the Platinum Package. I don't consider ON Demand movies@ home either.

Since it ain't BB @ Home any longer, why doesn't Dish change the name of the package to something more relevant like the Platinum Package. I don't consider ON Demand movies@ home either.

I am thinking since they bought the brand and trademarks they might was well keep the branding for that piece

They bought it for the name itself! Sure, BB has nothing to do with the service now, but they own the rights and the implied backing that it comes with. Kind of like when SBC bought out AT&T, but stuck with the name AT&T because of image (which is mainly negative... but at least familiar).

BB on dish is an incredible value, I'll keep it if it stays @ $10, I find the movies there way better than the ones on the other premium channels and keeps me away from nat-flicks.

It becomes an even better deal when you go online and attempt to cancel it. The system will offer you 6 months at $5.00 if you keep it.

BB on dish is an incredible value, I'll keep it if it stays @ $10, I find the movies there way better than the ones on the other premium channels and keeps me away from nat-flicks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)