EHD recordings not showing up

JTBenson

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
I have a 1TB hard drive and I had over 500GB of recordings on it and today when I tried to access it, it looked like it was empty. I connected it to 3 different receivers and it is not showing up on any of them. I tried transferring a recording to it and when I did, it showed about 450GB remaining, so the recordings are obviously still there, but just not displaying.

Has anyone had this issue? Is there a way to resolve it? Or have I lost them. I have about 100 movies on it.

I have a 1TB hard drive and I had over 500GB of recordings on it and today when I tried to access it, it looked like it was empty. I connected it to 3 different receivers and it is not showing up on any of them. I tried transferring a recording to it and when I did, it showed about 450GB remaining, so the recordings are obviously still there, but just not displaying.

Has anyone had this issue? Is there a way to resolve it? Or have I lost them. I have about 100 movies on it.

My daughter had the same issue. I connected her EHD to my Linux Desktop and found it was an error in the EHD partition table. The EHD has two ext3 partitions, one for system and one for data. Fortunately both partitions could still be accessed under Linux so I file copied the contents of each to my desktop drive, keeping the files from the two partitions in separate folders. Then I attached her EHD to my 211K and allowed it to reformat it. After the reformat was complete I reattached her EHD to my Linux Desktop and file copied all her old files back. When she took her EHD home, it worked! I had thought that I would have to reformat her EHD on her 211K but apparently it makes no difference.

John

I noticed that the EHD was missing from the My Recordings page after I replaced the receiver because of a rebooting problem. I did find it on the DISH on Demand page (Press DVR once) at number 6, which you have to scroll down to.
James Daniel Bishop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)