Dish app on demand playback perfect but sling adapter playback is crap

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ransz28

Original poster
So I watch movies via dish android app and playback is perfect. Bought a sling adapter and when trying to watch live tv or my dvr, playback is very choppy. It's connected via moca. Should I change to direct Ethernet ? I have 2 hoppers and 1 joey.
Thank you

Try ordering a free IPVOD event and on the Watch Now/Watch Later pop up look at the streaming speed. What is the connection speed there? Also, are you trying to Sling from home or elsewhere? If so, whats the download speed where you are Slinging from?

I've found when traveling between our homes in Tulsa and Las Vegas that I need a minimum of 3mb download speed at hotels to get a decent picture with Sling anything less and I get a choppy picture. I have 15/2 Cox in Tulsa and Sling to our Las Vegas condo where I have 25/5 with Cox, on a Tablet connected to 46in LCD and it looks pretty dang good. I use a Sling Adapter on a 722. Now if my upload gets erratic I can have problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts