Status
Not open for further replies.

Psikic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 8, 2014
Conway, AR
Does anyone have a broken STAB HH90 motor and they would be willing to sell me the bracket and mounting bolts? My bolts got stripped when removing it from a pole to remount and I hate to buy the whole motor again if someone has a bracket laying around.

Thanks!

I think if you post some pictures then it will be much easier to see what exactly you need. This bracket may be not only from STAB but also from other motors.

These are from the official parts diagram. My bracket has the bolts assembled and the threads are stripped and the nuts are seized up on three of the four bolt arms, so the nuts can't be removed without damaging the bolts further. I need all of these pieces so I can just throw the entire bracket assembly away.

2016-11-14_8-43-29.jpg

2016-11-14_8-48-55.jpg

I have the clamps and u-bolts with nuts, never used. Are you sure you need a bracket? Can't you just cut the old u-bolts and reuse the bracket?

Considering I have nothing to lose (except a few fingers if I am not careful), I'll go ahead and try cutting the bolts to get them off. It'll take a day or two to get a hacksaw and get it done. At that point all I'll need are the u-bolts and nuts. I'm also open to buying them locally if they are a standard size that is sold retail. Thanks for the tip jeepguy.

That is what I have here. I am just afraid that shipping over the pond will cost more than 10 bucks. IMG_20161114_171736 (Custom).jpg Very strong and never used clamps.

The problem with using ordinary u-bolts is the shape. The original bolts are shaped to conform to the shape of the bracket and when tightened will pull the bracket straight into the pole. Regular u-bolts tend to distort the bracket as they are tightened, at least in my experience but it's the OP's call. He can have them for the cost of postage.

Have found in the box old SG-2100. Not sure whether motor is working at all...... most likely not. IMG_20161114_190045 (Custom).jpg Motor's body is 100mm wide.

Took picture of another motor (only 82mm wide). This one stopped working last time I used it. But , I think, it is repairable. IMG_20161114_191644 (Custom).jpg

Thanks everyone for the replies. I went today and bought some bolt cutters and cut the old u-bolts to get them off. I found out that Sadoun has some bolts that are (supposed to be) original replacements, so I ordered a set of those as I'd rather have the closest match possible. This time I have learned from my mistake and will first put a good coat of anti-seize lubricant on the threads before the nuts go on. I'll let you know (jeepguy, RimaNTSS) if the bolts Sadoun sends do not work as I might still need some of yours. Thanks!

Just to follow up, and then this thread can be buried. The bolts I ordered from Sadoun were perfect condition, although maybe slightly used, factory originals. For about $20 I was able to get an exact match. Problem solved.

Reactions: KE4EST
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)