STABed in the back by an HH90

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Pascoet1 said:
I had the same problem. Wound up getting a new dish with a bracket which extended out away from the dish a bit further in order to get the desired elevation above 20 degrees. I was attempting to use the winegard DS 2076 and now it sits on the floor next to me. New dish cost less then $70 with free shipping. I wanted to use the STAB's USALS technology which the SG2100 doesn't have I was told.
Even if I was once again misinformed about the SG-2100 USALS ability by the vender it was cheaper for me to go the dish route then try and exchange the STAB to the SG-2100. I wound up with a bigger dish which didn't hurt my feelings much. I'll find a use for the spare dish later when the dust clears.:eek:

If you do get something to work, please post some pictures of it. Interesting to see what others have did to get their dish mounted, and will help some out with ideas for solving their problems.
P.S. The computer I was at at the time only had PAINT to make a drawing with, but it did get the idea across.
These things turn the afternoon project into a week long project!!!

Sadoun said:
katrinasucks
You might be able to attach one of these Pole-mount brackets to the back of the Winegard dish utilizing the existing back bracket:
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Fortec-Star/Dishes/Pole+Mount.jpg
#15 here

Thanks for the tip... Friday night, I spent about 45 minutes on your site looking at them and looking at the dish. I just can't see them working.

I've googled it to death and I've never found anyone with a solution short of spending more time and money than a new dish/motor.

Sometimes ya just gotta punt. But thanks for the effort.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)