Standard box from Dave

Status
Please reply by conversation.

colonel

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Last week I got Direct Tv Mas for my mother in-law, the black small box, she has a Panasonic Viera 37 the picture is terrible with this box, the installer (I help 'm to run the coaxial cable) said this box is a refurbish from DTV, a few channels are just wash out completed. He got a 100 % signal Can I call for a replacement ?

Thank you for your time.

Last week I got Direct Tv Mas for my mother in-law, the black small box, she has a Panasonic Viera 37 the picture is terrible with this box, the installer (I help 'm to run the coaxial cable) said this box is a refurbish from DTV, a few channels are just wash out completed. He got a 100 % signal Can I call for a replacement ?

Thank you for your time.

What recvr is she using ?

TV is HD why are you using a Standard Definition box and expecting great pictures? A HD box may improve picture quality but most of the original broadcast is still SD. Try connecting with "S" video and audio from receiver to TV then adjusting picture quality on that input for best picture.

guys I plug the Dave box to S-video, the best connection from the box, I chose the Standard box because senior citizen are in Budget but I myself got a Soniview4000 and Captivework 700 with Foltec 6 feet dish plus Ivacom NO HD Sat 97 west and dont look this way for standard set, maybe the box is crap o they gave me useless stuff .:cool:

yeah I know doesn't have composite, I mean Coax, S-video, Rca and USB to hell knows, compare with Captiveworks boxes this D12-100 is junk. My Sonicview got composite.

Not sure what your rant is as it sounds like you aren't really dealing with anything and just here to bash. Odd someone on a such a super-tight budget even needed a HDTV and satellite service but can't do the HD programming? This sounds like a dead baiting-like topic.

RCA = composite

You must mean Component which and SD box really doesn't need.

All your FTA gear listings are really useless in this post as it doesn't matter or add anything.

Your first post said coaxial cable now it is S video. Is there a problem with your knowledge of the English language or is it a problem with knowledge of equipment?

Your FTA equipment means nothing because you aren't able to receive Directv signals with it, so you can't compare picture quality.

You could have a bad D12 but Directv not us will have to determine if you need a replacement. Call Directv.

If the s-video is giving a poor picture, I'd try the composite (y/r/w) RCA output.
Possibly a bad s-video cable.

What does the picture look like, exactly. Is it bad on all channels?

If the s-video is giving a poor picture, I'd try the composite (y/r/w) RCA output.
Possibly a bad s-video cable.

What does the picture look like, exactly. Is it bad on all channels?

I tried saturday RCA output, the picture is like watching TV in the computer, sometimes I can see ghost around the football players, I can't see the ball.. the TV is OK with the other boxes...

Is there a problem with your knowledge of the English language or is it a problem with knowledge of equipment?

like I said in my first post , "Thank you for your time", but if you think you are smarter than me don't waste your time in this post, I'm first time DTV user I tying to help my mother in law to watch TV and I m not familiar with DTV boxes.

You aren't be any chance actually using the RF coax output from that receiver into the antenna input of the TV? If so then the TV's tuner needs to be set to ch 3 or 4.
I ask, because ghosting is an analog input phenomena.

What other boxes have you used?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)