Star Choice in Florida

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

purdownpercy

Original poster
Dec 7, 2008
The last 2years I have set up my Star choice Disc

This year I bought down my HD receiver

I set up on channel 299, the highest reading (green ) i could get was 6o-65

On checking my HD stations the readings were 70-75 in the yellow

My reception was good unless we had a major storm

I tuned to A4 satellite

Any suggestions on improving signal ?

The last 2years I have set up my Star choice Disc

This year I bought down my HD receiver

I set up on channel 299, the highest reading (green ) i could get was 6o-65

On checking my HD stations the readings were 70-75 in the yellow

My reception was good unless we had a major storm

I tuned to A4 satellite

Any suggestions on improving signal ?

I live down in south florida and have the same readings.
Great signal, also only goes down with bad storms..

I use a guys down here to tweek my system if needed.
I would do it myself but my roof is not to safe.

where do you in in Florida?

Thanks for your response

I,m in Destin

I,m used to aligning my own disc

I will check with star choice re better signal for HD

percy:

what size dish are you using? if you have the 60, I would suggest upgrading to the 75. Even better option would be to have one dish pointing to each sat with a switch

The 75e will work fine in FLA

Couple folks have the same setup and works great...they were near Tampa/Ft Myers area

where approx in Florida are you?

Iceberg is correct, I'm in the Cape Coral/Fort Myers area and have no issues with my 75E. We had a heck of a rainstorm yesterday, Dish went completely out, but my Starchoice hung in there, just a minute of pixelation.

Further west along the coast (i.e., Deep South Manitoba), I have a great signal with a 75e. I just learned to peak on the 111 satellite (the one with most of the HD), and everything else will fall into place. SD seems to have more wiggle room than HD does. I haven't had any issue during rain, but wasn't home when the most recent heavy rain storm made its way through here...

i just got a place in Cape Coral, i will be down at XMas, do you know anyone that can help me install the dish?
I have dish and receiver but it would be easier to have some one install the dish.

dasilvafe said:
i just got a place in Cape Coral, i will be down at XMas, do you know anyone that can help me install the dish?
I have dish and receiver but it would be easier to have some one install the dish.

Yes Axel Meier who just happens to live in Cape Coral just installed my Shaw Direct System yesterday July 25th, 2012 In North Fort Myers and did FAB job! I would NOT hesitate to recommend Axel!

Hi RoddyCharles
I am located in the Hollywood Fl area and I get a Signal Strength for HD channels ranging from 85% to 95% on Anik F1.On the other hand all HD channels on Anik F2 are much weaker averaging 74% to 84%. Since my location is not really that far from Fort Myers the Signal Strength I get in Hollywood should be close to what you get in your area ! I would appreciate knowing if you get similar Signal Strength on the Gulf Coast !
Thanks in advance.

ticoeur said:
Hi RoddyCharles
I am located in the Hollywood Fl area and I get a Signal Strength for HD channels ranging from 85% to 95% on Anik F1.On the other hand all HD channels on Anik F2 are much weaker averaging 74% to 84%. Since my location is not really that far from Fort Myers the Signal Strength I get in Hollywood should be close to what you get in your area ! I would appreciate knowing if you get similar Signal Strength on the Gulf Coast !
Thanks in advance.

Hi there eh! Are you a fellow Canuck? I am getting between 92-98 on F1 On F2 I am running a little weaker BUT not much ... I am at 88 - 92 ..., making sure your mast is 100% straight will mean a lot in signal strength!

Hi there eh! Are you a fellow Canuck? I am getting between 92-98 on F1 On F2 I am running a little weaker BUT not much ... I am at 88 - 92 ..., making sure your mast is 100% straight will mean a lot in signal strength!
Yes I am a fellow Canuck who would not do without Canadian TV ! I only watch HD channels so I want to make sure the figures you give me are not for SD channels ! I get a maximum of 97 for F1 and 96 with F2 with regard to SD channels ! The numbers you get with HD channels would greatly interest me !
Thanks.

thanks for the info, could you send me is info so that i may contact him or if you prefer get him to email me, i will be there December 15 and would love to get it done, thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts