Star Choice troubleshooting ideas.

AlmostThere

Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
I am currently getting a zero signal on *C DSR 505. It received the F6 ugprade recently and was working properly.

We had an ice storm recently and all of a sudden the dish didn't work. I assumed something had shifted, however I went out today and the dish was secure and hadn't moved. I retightened all the connections and my portable meter is showing a signal is being received. However the receiver is not getting a signal any thoughts?

Check channels 354 and 712.
If they are providing a picture, you have the dish pointed OK.

Could be that all of your subscription channels did not get monthly subscription update if your antenna was buried in ice, during the first few days of the month.

Thanks for help. I doubled and triple checked the cable connection, all seemed to work.

I finally fixed it, by uplugging the 505 and doing a restart and that seems to have rectified that situation.

I have been with *C for about 8 years and just bought my first HD receiver, a DSR 530 in November. I have experienced a similar thing several times now. Snow burried my dish but even once the non HD receivers were once again receiving signals, the 530 wouldn't tune any channels. Eventually I repowered it down and up (by pulling the plug) and it was as good as new.

This happened again in the next snow storm and the same actionwas required to get it going again.

Then more recently, three local channels went out and stayed out. They were back the next day on the non HD receivers but I had to power down yet again on the DSR530 to get them back. I did hear later that a local fibre optic cable had been dug up that is involved in supplying the local signals to *C.

BEV/Direct LNBF

Lost HD in North Carolina

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts