Star trak 400

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bevshadow

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
Newfoundland
Picked up an old Star Trek 400 receiver that has c band sats programed into it and was wondering if it still can be used for anything other than moving a bud.
On front of receiver it has Videociper RS videopal Order recorder. any info would be good Thanks.

It will still get analog channels, but they are dissappearing fast. Or that's what I have read anyway. I used to have a Star Trak 500 many years ago but now I'm just digital ku.

The card slot in the back is where the VC2 module plugs in. Don't need it unless you want to subscribe to the very few analog channels left. The Tee Comm receiver will receive all analog ITC channels as is.

I think you might already have a VCII module in it. The one I had was a RS (stands for renewable security I believe) and had a slot for a removeable card (similar to the little dish cards) that was never required. But either way there is only a few VCII channels left that can be subscibed to, as tvropro has said.

Thank you SatPhreak, you are right the module is already in the machine with the card slot was hoping to use it to move a bud for fta as i need a larger dish , now, just need to find a bud been eying a couple.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts