Star Trek Beyond 3D

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
I thought the real 3D version was good, suspect others elsewhere have defected to the anti 3D agenda as it is in vogue (and they make their livings by following the "trends")...

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Finally got my copies of this and watched it both in UHD and 3D with RC upscale to 4K. Basically both had about the same image quality so the 3D quality was really good.

The kit also came with the typical Blu Ray 2K disk with extra features. I watched these extra features and the image quality was all over the universe. Some looked great and other clips were washed out and some even fuzzy as if not even 2K HD. The content was typical young actors' chatter that was more like a gossip discussion than chatter for die hard Star Trek story fans. I'm not interested in actors screwing up scenes and the gag reels. Disappointed in lack of content on the shooting, but they did expose some locations where the project was shot.

The little model of the Newest Starship was cheaply made. No where near the quality of my other model which is made of Pewter and finely machined and detailed. Disappointed!

Finally got my copies of this and watched it both in UHD and 3D with RC upscale to 4K. Basically both had about the same image quality so the 3D quality was really good.

The kit also came with the typical Blu Ray 2K disk with extra features. I watched these extra features and the image quality was all over the universe. Some looked great and other clips were washed out and some even fuzzy as if not even 2K HD. The content was typical young actors' chatter that was more like a gossip discussion than chatter for die hard Star Trek story fans. I'm not interested in actors screwing up scenes and the gag reels. Disappointed in lack of content on the shooting, but they did expose some locations where the project was shot.

The little model of the Newest Starship was cheaply made. No where near the quality of my other model which is made of Pewter and finely machined and detailed. Disappointed!

The IQ of the extras doesn't surprise me as a lot of these are shot with cell phones or consumer digital cameras by other members of the cast/crew. The little models are OK at a distance and good enough as dressing on top of things but the Franklin Mint/Eaglemoss stuff is better. I'm pretty sure these models are only licensed by Quantum Mechanix and not actually made by them. They have some really finely-detailed models but they range from $6000 to $10000. The main reason for me getting this movie bundle is that it had ALL high-res versions of the movie in one box. The little ship was just a small bonus

The main reason for me getting this movie bundle is that it had ALL high-res versions of the movie in one box.

Ditto but were you disappointed that the box was only a two disk box and the 3rd disk was in a paper sleeve? How crappy is that? I have some 4 disk black cases here from my old video business and I have swapped the case out for one that holds all the disks. My daughter wanted me to give her my Blu Ray disk but I told her to buy her own copy. That is the only one of the 3 with all those extra features.

Ditto but were you disappointed that the box was only a two disk box and the 3rd disk was in a paper sleeve? How crappy is that? I have some 4 disk black cases here from my old video business and I have swapped the case out for one that holds all the disks. My daughter wanted me to give her my Blu Ray disk but I told her to buy her own copy. That is the only one of the 3 with all those extra features.

Not really upset about the paper sleeve since I take out all the discs and put them into multi-disc cases if they come in those big deluxe packages. I have jewel cases that hold 4 discs in the space of a single disc, 5mm thick, I think. I have 6-disc blue BD cases that hold up to 6 but are a little thicker, 3 of them take up the space of 4 regular cases but hold 18 discs instead of 4 or 8. The small plastic CD cases I have also hold 4 discs but the jewel cases are better quality. Really cuts down on shelf space on my series... 4 seasons of Battlestar Galactica only take up 2.375" and 6 seasons of Lost only 3.5". I print out sleeves using MS Word templates I made that list every episode along with production number, original air date, and disc number.

I started two months ago with a 500 disc caselogic case. All discs go in there (2D and UHD version or 2D and 3D version) and I chunk the rest. Was taking up too much space. First one is full ( sold my DVD's) of 1080p and 2160p discs, and moving on to the next. Takes up a small shelf in my closet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)