Star Trek Beyond - Trailer (2016) - Paramount Pictures

Looking forward to this one. When the first one was released I was stubborn about not seeing it, but J.J. Abrams did a really good job. Good enough to join the rest of the Star Trek movies.

Looking forward to this one. When the first one was released I was stubborn about not seeing it, but J.J. Abrams did a really good job. Good enough to join the rest of the Star Trek movies.
I agree, I have really enjoyed the new movies, and really enjoyed the old ones as well.

Reactions: Rey and dfergie
I agree, I have really enjoyed the new movies, and really enjoyed the old ones as well.
I still prefer all the older trek movies but it is nice to have these additions. I will miss Leonard Nimoy who made liking the newer ones even easier.

Noticed that Simon Pegg is one of the writers. Should be fun!

If I ignore the gaping plot holes, if I ignore the impossible history of how this person became captain, if I ignore the bastardization of Gene Roddenberry's original concept, and if I ignore the way fans were dismissed with a scoff, I can see how one could enjoy these movies. They are action-adventure comic books like the marvel and DC movies.
Stubbornness has nothing to do with why I loathe the very thought of this movie series. Had they used different character names, different ship models and a different name for the movie series, I would probably have enjoyed these movies a little more. But they chose to attach them to an established canon and shat on it. I will not support that.

Reactions: Voyager6
If I ignore the gaping plot holes, if I ignore the impossible history of how this person became captain, if I ignore the bastardization of Gene Roddenberry's original concept, and if I ignore the way fans were dismissed with a scoff, I can see how one could enjoy these movies. They are action-adventure comic books like the marvel and DC movies.
Stubbornness has nothing to do with why I loathe the very thought of this movie series. Had they used different character names, different ship models and a different name for the movie series, I would probably have enjoyed these movies a little more. But they chose to attach them to an established canon and shat on it. I will not support that.

Nobody expects you to "support them", and nobody is forcing you to watch them. It's science fiction, and the whole concept is baloney and full of holes from the start, including the original series. We watch them for the people interaction, and humanity of it all. These movies are fine, and I say that as a person that likes ALL the ST series and movies, from the beginning. With the exception of Ds9, that I couldn't stand after the first year.

You certainly can't remake the original series and movies with 85 year olds, and dead people...

Reactions: norman881
wrong timeline Chekov

61c89a9d73c284bda486afaeaf01cdb27180359b.jpg

Yes. It sucks the way he died. Probably leaving his home to head to the studio for a rehearsal and decided to get out of his running vehicle and retrieve the mail. Not sure whether I will see ST Beyond given the draconian way CBS is handling fan films. Their new rules they posted a couple of days ago pretty-much kill ALL current fan film productions. James Cawley ( New Voyages / Phase II ) has been playing Kirk for years. I still think they should have reached out to these productions ( St Continues, ST Renegades, ST Axanar ) and included their work on the All Access channel with the new official series. Several hours of Star Trek a week would have made All Access a must-have for me.

Walter Koenig ( the original Chekov ) reprises his role in several of the fan series. Axanar was chock-full of actors who worked on official Star Trek productions, which is now forbidden with the new rules.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts