Star Trek Enterprise

T

Thor263

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 28, 2004
Twin Cities, MN
Bringing an old thread back. Is HDNet no longer showing Enterprise after tomorrow's (6/13) show? I can't find anything more in their schedule on the website and it is no longer listed in their series listing.

kstuart

kstuart

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 5, 2006
Northern California
One of the problems with ST: Enterprise is that they hated to spend any of the budget on "extras" - meaning people who did not speak lines.

The result is that the show seemed to be set in a future world, where only 10 or 12 people had survived. :D

The viewer may not notice that aspect consciously, but subconsciously it gave the show a "fake" feel.

In contrast, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine made a point of using lots of "extras", and so it seemed more real. Quark's Bar often had more people in it, then ever appeared in the entirety of "Enterprise"...

BlackHitachi

BlackHitachi

Medford Oregon
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2003
Medford, Oregon
One of the problems with ST: Enterprise is that they hated to spend any of the budget on "extras" - meaning people who did not speak lines.

The result is that the show seemed to be set in a future world, where only 10 or 12 people had survived. :D

The viewer may not notice that aspect consciously, but subconsciously it gave the show a "fake" feel.

In contrast, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine made a point of using lots of "extras", and so it seemed more real. Quark's Bar often had more people in it, then ever appeared in the entirety of "Enterprise"...
I would LOVE DS9 on HD NET!!

long_time_DNC

long_time_DNC

Politically Incorrect
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, where it rains a lot...
What's the deal with HDNet and Enterprise? Yank it before they even complete the series run? I hope that's not the case...but I couldn't find previews for this coming Monday's episode after this past Monday's episode either....not a good sign.