Star Trek Enterprise

I'll jump on the bandwagon that it is great news. This was one of the few programs that everyone in my family (2 adults and 5 kids) set their schedules around and enjoyed watching. Seeing it in true HD will be awesome. Hope it leads to TNG and DS9. Heck I'd even watch Voyager in HD ...

The original series would be a gas too. Getting a good close look at all those styrofoam rocks.

Enterprise in HD!!!

For what its worth.. I just saw a commercial on HDNet for Star Trek Enterprise, coming to HdNet this Fall. No dates yet, but the commerical looked great - I can't wait to see the PQ of watching Enterprise in widescreen HD!!

Turd Fergeson said:
That is great news!!! Maybe Cuban will add SG Atlantis or even SG-1.
Maybe possible in the future, since already have other sci-fi reruns on 2 channels, such as: "Smallville" (HDNet & ABC Family channel) and "Dead Like Me" (HDNet & SciFi channel).

Last edited:
All I need now is additional external USB 2.0 storage support, and woo-hoo!

Turd Fergeson said:
That is great news!!! Maybe Cuban will add SG Atlantis or even SG-1.

Anyone know if NBC would actually release rights to either SG series? They dont seem willing to put them onto UHD, but I bet they wont sell rights to them either. Would absolutely love to have both SG series in HD (without having to move north).

This is great news! I can't wait to see Enterprise the way it was made to be seen. Is there any chance of the original Star Trek coming to any HD outlet soon?

Oh I didnt realize that, I thought SciFi bought all rights. So there may be hope afterall, since they already have a Sony deal in place! Just sent a request for both Stargates to HDnet, plus a thank you for Enterprise! Hopefully hear something back on the request.

Last edited:
Yeah, you realize that in Hollywood, its all nepotism/cronyism...everyone is 'related.' Six degrees of Kevin Bacon, indeed. Nick Cage is Coppola's nephew is so-in-so's uncle's neighbor, etc.

And besides, we're dealing w/ big corp America--there are soon going to be only about 4 or 5 truly independent company/conglomerates with their mitts in everything from soda to fast food, films and tv, consumer electronics...you name it.

Remember those Beatrice adds from the 80s?

Last edited:
Wow I had no idea that most people did get to see this in HD the first time around.

You are really going to enjoy it then...

To those who didnt have an HD-UPN do you now or will have an HD-CW?

garys said:
Not sure if this would be worth the expense. Enterprise was filmed in HD, prior series were filmed before HD even existed.

If the series were originally filmed a high definition transfer of the film can be made. The picture quality will depend on the quality/condition of the transferred print.

The DVD quality of the earlier ST series is decent. So at the least, if they was upconverted (and not stretched!!!) and transmitted at a high bandwidth, they would yield a pretty decent picture. I believe the DS9 quality was pretty good, and was recorded in 16:9.

I know some of the SG-1 seasons were filmed in HD, but I don't know about seasons 1 & 2. The season 1 DVD set is kinda grainy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)