Star Trek on G10R

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA
OK, I'm a Star Trek fan.

G10R channel WGMU - Burlington, VT. (1900 EDT - Sunday evening)
G10R channel KFDF - Fort Smith AR. (2000 EDT - Sunday evening)
G10R channel KWBM - Hollister MO. (2100 EDT - Sunday evening)

Anybody know any other G10R stations that have Star Trek??

Last edited:
That's KWBM Sat 11pm C showing it, with the channel bug on screen.
Only one I've noticed without the screen id bug is Sun 7pm KFDF.

Thanks for the info, I've never bothered to look it up. Now I can get my Star Trek fix during the weekends from RTN :) I generally watch it on TVLand (cable) during the week...

More Star Trek listings

G10R channel KFDF - Ft Smith, AR. (2100 EDT - Saturday night)
G10R channel WGMU - Burlington, VT. (1900 EDT - Sunday evening)
G10R channel KFDF - Fort Smith AR. (2000 EDT - Sunday evening)
G10R channel KWBM - Hollister MO. (2100 EDT - Sunday evening)

For some reason I was unable to edit my original post (maybe a time restriction) - - - Anyway added a fourth channel with Star Trek in chronological order.

I've been thinking about this for about a year but have kept it to myself until now... What does everyone think of the remastered episodes? Do you like the original or the new effects?

Personally, I like the new look.

I can't help but like them, the sound is great too. But for the purist, I guess it's not
really the same. They sure look better than they did way back when they were new, off our old outdoor antenna in the 60s.

I have the set on HD DVD thanks to the recent fire sales, but have not been able to screen them yet with many things going on here. From what I hear, the remastered episodes are stunning.

Thanks for the link! High definition remastering of shows originally shot on film should improve the image, but any shows that were originally videotaped won't see any improvement by going to HD, since they were originated in SD.

... What does everyone think of the remastered episodes? Do you like the original or the new effects?...

I love it!

It fixes a lot of the poor rendering and composition of the action and space shots.

It used to bother me to no end how clumsy some of the scenes looked. It's like seeing the series for the first time all over again. Some of the scenes look like they were actually shot from space. I'm very pleased with it.

:)

This is a bit old but many of the old CBS shows from the 60's will soon come out on Blu-Ray.

CBS Brings Trek Online - Paramount Goes Blu-ray | TrekMovie.com

This is one I will have to buy; even though I do not yet have a Blu-Ray player. :)

Perhaps you posted the wrong link? Because on the page you linked to it says nothing about these coming out on blu-ray. It seem to talk about the shows being made available online at certain website but never mentions they'll be released on blu-ray. In fact with regard to star trek it specifically states this.

The future of Star Trek on HD DVD and Blu-ray is still unknown.

So, I don't see where your drawing the conclusion that any of these will be released on blu-ray anytime soon. Anyway, I hope your right and it will be released on blu-ray, but I see no indication of that on that page. It simply seems to mention that the shows will be made available on the net. It then goes on to mention that Paramount will go blu-ray but this seems to be a separate news item not really directly related to the first.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)