Star Wars Series on HBO, in HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Tom,

Of course you know NO ONE has the "REAL" original version of Star Wars. The original theatrical release did not have "Episode 4: A New Hope". That was added shortly after the initial release only AFTER SW became a mega-hit. Lucas wanted it in all along (like many of the effects added more recently) but was not allowed by the studio brass.

Anyway, I have the original LD as well as a video from a 1981 HBO showing. :)

See ya
Tony

"A New Hope" May 25, 1977. I thought it was just the original renamed.

Must say it was fun to watch it again, on a semi-big screen and in HD. I saw it at a theater in 1977 but didn't go back and watch them when they were re-released a few years back. So since 1977, I've only watched the laserdisc & the VHS Special Edition on my 32" SDTV.

Would have recorded it if we had external USB storage.

It's best to watch in this sequence for timeline

I. The Phantom Menace
II. Attack of the Clones
III. Revenge of the Sith
IV. A New Hope
V. The Empire Strikes
VI. Return of the Jedi

Perhaps, but by watching it in order of theatrical release, you get to see the hints and stuff that is revealed in the second trilogy.

And while the new episodes are ok, nothing beats the memory of going to the theatre in 1977 to watch the original (it was a family event actually; parents and grandparents came along - I chuckle at that thinking my poor grandparents must have been totally lost for two hours that Sunday afternoon! :D ) But for a nine year old kid and his seven year old sister, it was a magical day.

"A New Hope" May 25, 1977. I thought it was just the original renamed.

The opening sequence the first movie came up with the "STAR WARS" with the big John Williams musical "gotcha" which made everyone in the theater jump 10 feet back. When the story line came up, "Episode IV: A New Hope" was NOT in the title sequence. It was put on after the initial release. Studio executives would NOT allow Lucas to have an Episode IV tag initially because they felt it would confuse the audience.

That decision is in the same vein as the two famous point-headed executive notes for Star Trek: "Get rid of the guy with the ears." and "A proper scinece fiction must have a monster."

See ya
Tony

Empire is up on HBO later this week. To me, this is the best SW movie. Far better than Ep I-III. Back in the 70's I liked "A New Hope" but wasn't wowed by it. I was very surprised when Empire blew me away a couple years later.

Got the 622 timer set up. Looking forward to seeing this in HD.

Dating myself, unlike Tony, I went with my wife to the original three theatrical releases.

Empire is up on HBO later this week. To me, this is the best SW movie. Far better than Ep I-III. Back in the 70's I liked "A New Hope" but wasn't wowed by it. I was very surprised when Empire blew me away a couple years later.

Got the 622 timer set up. Looking forward to seeing this in HD.

Dating myself, unlike Tony, I went with my wife to the original three theatrical releases.

I recorded Empire a few weeks ago; it is EXCELLENT. Going to try to keep space on the DVR for both of them until the External USB support comes out. but if it goes much beyond July, I don't know if I'll be able to pull it off...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)