starband very high prices!

hobojoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2006
so caif usa
:confused: how can starband continue to charge such high prices? support only open 9-5 eastern. mandatory contracts for the 360. $50 reconnect fees. example 1m down/ 250 up for $150? crazy hn is $70!!! for 1m down/ 200 up. i just don't get it??? only thing i see is if you take there test to become a dealer/installer then they drop your service in half the example above at $70. well hell that's what hn is??? tate your a hn dealer right? whats the deal am i missing something? hn has nothing at all to worry about!!!:up

And people complain about HN being high? I have heard rumours of Hughes introducing a new 79 dollar plan when the new modem comes out, So they will have 3 Residential plans, 59, 69, 79.

They will actrally make your plan cheaper if you take their installer test?

:) sign me up! where do i take the test? i would pay the $79 for better service! and as i have said before I'm always wanting to learn more. i really think they will improve there service by this fall. i would like to see them come up with a dealer/installer program like starband.

dam! o=well! they drop there small bus package in half for you as a dealer/installer. the demo unit normally the 484 small office with 256up/1mb down is $899.99 w 149.99/mo for one year but you get it for $599.99 w 69.99/mo for one year. the other option is to sell your self a reg plan and get the kickback just like if it was a customer 20% back every month for 30 months. someone here posted about they require so many sales per quarter to keep the discounted price. when i called to ask they did not know of such a requirement. still seems like hn is the best deal. with more plans. better pricing. and better customer/tech service. even if you have to deal with a camel Jockey at least they are there 24/7. the military wont use sb because of the encryption level used. apparently hn is already to there specifications for general non classified use. i was led to believe hn was originally designed for the military. and is now used buy houndreds of units in the sand box. sb last upgrade is by taking the 360 and putting a new chip in it rather than producing new equipment. they have had two major flaws with dish design one was you must point 2 deg higher than origionally designed and for the dishnetwork lbn's to peak you put washers under the bottom screw to get a good signal. both easy fixes that do work. I'll re post about the lbn's in the dn thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts