Starchoice DVR530 HD install question

jhealey

Original poster
May 27, 2005
Hello all, This is my first post...very exciting.

I just received my starchoice 530. I have a question about installation. I have the 530 and 401 receiver. So I need three lines into my house. Looking at my Dish I have two LNB's but I see only one line each LNB runnning into a little box and two line out which runs into my house. I was send a 5 x 8 mulitswitch. can I put the two line into the multiswitch and run three line out..two to my 530 and one to my 401 receiver.... or do I need to run 4 lines into the multiswitch and two to 530 one to 401.

OK.. to dumb it down so even I know what I'm talking about.. Can I split my signal and feed my 530 into both inputs on the back?

No.

What kind of dish do you have?
stacked round (single satellite)
unstacked round
stacked elliptical (external multiswitch)
or unstacked elliptical (built in quad multiswitch)

or do I need to run 4 lines into the multiswitch and two to 530 one to 401.[/QUOTE]

Didn't see your first post when I posted earlier.

Do you have the elliptical with the external multiswitch? (2 lines running into it and then 2 lines running out)

If so, bypass the old multiswitch. You can put the new multiswitch in the house. Run the cable from Sat A (Anik F1) to the 13v, 0Khz input on the new multiswitch. Run the cable from Sat B (F2) to the 13v, 22khz input on the new multiswitch.

Now just run cables from your receivers to the outputs on the new multiswitch .. and enjoy your DSR530

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)