Starchoice for on the move ?????

piperontheroad

Original poster
Apr 29, 2008
Ontario,Canada
First post guys so please be gentle to a newbee
I am a motor home full timer and have a winegard dish on the roof of the motor home..never used....also have a Hughesnet internet ground "Internet anywhere"dish for Internet only
Since BEV is non supportive in my winter home of south Texas Rio Grande Starchoice seems to be the one of choice for Canadians in the US.There are arms with LNB's that bolt to the Hughes dish (.74cm) for Bell ,Dish,and Directtv and a separate arm for Star Choice as there signal is different as im told but as yet I cant find one for the roof top for Starchoice
While on the move I do not set up the Internet dish for one or two night stays so I would like to use the rooftop dish and have a choice on the Hughes Internet dish while setup in camp or rooftop while stopping overnight.
Any body have any suggestions on this
Retired piperontheroad
currently in Owen Sound ,Ontario

If you are going to be travelling and constantly changing the settings on the antenna, I would advise against using the fiberglass antennas with Quad LNBF supplied for reception of Star Choice within Canada, especially the smaller 60-E.
My experience is that the fiberglass type does not travel well as shipped, with very rapid damage to the fiberglass material itself from repeated wrenching of the hardware to make frequent adjustments.

We have found that a larger antenna such as the Patriot 85-E (30 x 36 inch) works well, and when supplemented with some additional backup washers on the elevation slot, you will have a stabler antenna. The extra signal achieved by this larger size is especially useful in the southern U.S. and into Mexico, where power levels from Anik F1R (107.3) are reduced. For more information on Star Choice reception, go to the CANADIAN SOLUTION section at www.global-cm.net

Didn't SC have a motorized solution for mobile homes a while ago? It was expensive (~1500$) but was specifically made for them by a Quebec company. Looked like a dome you put on the roof. I just went to SC website and could not find it anymore. Might want to call them if you are interested.

Satboyz:)

Oops.. found it

and I was off on the price by a factor of almost 2! Retail for $2795!!!

Here is the link from SC Website:
QQQ.starchoice.com/english/customercare/techcentral/hardware.asp?page=accessories&sub=13

Replace QQQ with www of course. I can't remember rules for posting live links here and did not want to get into trouble.

Take Care

Thanks for the replys and I have since found that this is going to be a very expensive option...like around $3000. worth....mainly because of the linear signal the oval dish needs to be skewed which is not practical on the roof by hand so all are auto search
Tri-pod seems to my only option for Star choice
Was warth a try though
Thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts