Starchoice HD - Quality ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

buffalo_frenchy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
I just received my dsr-505 with 75E.
After browsing on some canadian forums, I have seen a lot ppl complaining about quality of HD contents and this start to scare me...

Anybody here can comment on that? compared to dish or directv? (I have dish btw). The main reason I m seeking a subscription with SC is for RDS HD, how is the quality?
On those threads ppl seems to be unhappy with CBC and TSN. I guess I could see why TSN since I believe that ESPN is my least attractive HD channels through dish...

Thanks for your input, I probably won't put the 75E up until next week....

SC picture quality is mostly good, but just like any provider, some programs look better than others. I've had SC for almost a year now and also have DirecTV and Comcast cable to compare.

I have RDS HD - great picture on Habs home games better than CBC or TSN. I think it has a lot to do with the lighting at the Bell Center in Montreal much the same way that TSN games from Detroit always look great.

I have DirecTV, Mediacom and until last week, Bell. I just activated SC last Friday with a 530 DVR. SC's HD quality blows Bell away. Not even a close comparison. It's equivalent to DirecTV nationals, and better than the KC locals. I watched the Chiefs game on SC's Detroit HD feed because it was better quality than DirecTV's KC HD feed.

SD is better with SC than Bell. Not quite as good as DirecTV's SD though.

SD is better with SC than Bell. Not quite as good as DirecTV's SD though

SD PQ has been going downhill on many SC transponders as they cram more channels in to make room for more HD.

Can't figure out why they don't go to MPEG4 HD as their cable head end customers have access to the DSR-6050 HD receiver.

The average data on a SC HD channel is 50% greater than Bell.

Thanks guys for your input.
I can't wait to see for myself but right now I m way too busy with work so it will have to wait this week end or next week. I have the 75E laying in the spare bedroom :-(

The Leafs game on TSN last night was the best looking show I have ever seen on my 52" HDTV. :up
When the quality that comes from the network is high *C looks great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)