StarChoice issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

perplexed

Original poster
Dec 25, 2008
canada
Hello,

I have been having an intermittant problem with my SC system...
Since firmware upgrade in August 2007, several channels no longer come in. Channels not coming in rotate, that is to say, CNN one day may not come in, but will another day. Signal on the affected channels is 3. The problem seems to be getting more frequent affecting more channels for longer periods of time. Other channels come in fine, so assumidly the connection b/n the dish and receiver is OK. I have upgraded to the DSR505 HD receiver two years ago. I have a 75E dish/dual LNB that was purchased with the DSR405 receiver long ago. SC has sent me a new Quad LNB. When I put the Quad LNB on I get one set of channels, if I take it off, and put on the old LNB system, I get the channels I couldn't get before, and lose the channels I could get before.Any idea what might be the problem?Thks,Perplexed

what kind of LNB setup did you have before?

Was it the quad or the ones that looked like beer cans with an external switch?

Original LNB was beer can type connected to a multiswitch.

Thinking the problem might have somehthing to do with the multiswitch, I just bought a new multiswitch from RadioShack. I am going to try it this afternoon.
Stay tuned...
Thanks Iceberg.

If you haven't already, give *C a call and tell them that you are now using a quad LNB head instead of the the dual stacked LNB so they can change your receiver config.

Well, installing the new multiswitch did not fix it (with the beer can style LNB). Thinking it may be the cables, I can take the cable off the Sat B LNB (beer can type) and it has no affect on on seeing TSN (Channel 400), TSN apparently comes in on the SAT A LNB, so the SAT A LNB works.
If I put on the Quad LNB only those channels that are transmitted on SATB LNB can be seen.
What is going on????

i too had sc reception problems, have a quad lnb with a zinwell4x8 multiswitch
when i umplugged multiswitch and went from dish to ground barrels to recievers with no multiswitch all my signal issues went away
my channels didnt say no signal but they were unwatchable like pixalating in heavy rain

no more problems with multiswitch removed though for me

Interesting QCK...thank you

I was not aware that had to be done....in all my correspondance with SC they mentioned nothing about having to do that. Buggers. I will call them today.

Fingers crossed...

perplexed

Starchoice uses two different types of LNB setup

stacked...the beercan type with the 2x2 multiswitch. This takes some of the channels (horizontal) and "stacks" them above the vertical transponders....advantage is if you were just aimed at 107.3 you can use splitters (satellite grade) to add receivers

non-stacked...the quad LNB or most KU Band LNB's for Starchoice...this has both horizontal & vertical transponders (normal) and the switch is built in to switch between 107.3 & 111.1

The multiswitch you got at Radio Shack probably wouldnt work on the stacked system. The special multiswitch is what you would have needed to use

Starchoice can change the channel maps easily. Tell them you need it for a "UNSTACKED" system because you have the quad LNB....they can do it over the phone and it should be working in no time :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)