starchoice pay per view

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

buffalo_frenchy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
hi everyone

SC offers 8 or 10 ppv for new subscribers. Will I be able to take advantage of them if I do not (or can't) plug the receivers to the phone line. I know they have a 800 number we can call from the US but can you call and get these free ppv through the 800 number?

thank you

Avoid connecting any phone line to your receiver. If you do, I believe it will dial out to *C and reveal that the call is coming from an area code outside Canada, which could force them to take some kind of action.

Correct, I would never plug the receiver but I was wondering if I could cash in on the $50 worth of ppv that new subscribers are entitled for (using their 1-800 number).

My experience is, that if you use a broker, you will not be informed by your broker as to 1) your account number and 2) your service address. Therefore, it will be difficult or impossible for you to deal with *C directly. Obviously, this is done by the broker to perserve themselves as the middle man for doing programming changes as part of their service. As I recall, *C did give me some programming credits that were deducted from my first bill (automatic credit card billing), but could not take advantage of any PPV credits because in order to receive the PPV, I would have had to connect my receiver to the phone line.

If you are a southern subscriber, and set up the subscription yourself, as I did. It is keyed to the phone number you supplied to SC.

When I call SC for a pay-for-view I use the automated call in through VOIP. It will ask you if you are calling from the number you supplied to SC or another number, indicate another number and proceed to order.

No problems

Are those few PPV movies worth the risk?

I don't think so. The less contact with *C, the better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)